Cubular | A free and open source Game to Learn from!

Play and Test it out here!:
https://www.roblox.com/games/7246130972

Gameplay: (From PlasmaRBLX)

Cubular is a Game about solving puzzles and getting over obstacles using cube you can pick up and move around! Solving each Test is satisfying and will have you craving for more!

This game took about 3 weeks to make and I made it to open source it from the beginning.

The reason for this was because I was creating a custom OOP module for Lua and I decided to make a game using it to show off what it can do.

NOTE: My OOP Module called ClassService isn’t out yet and the one used in this game is a early version of it.

I also do wish people can take this game and improve it or maybe rebrand it. I do think this game has potential.

I also didn’t have a single clue on how to make a pickup system so I made it myself from scratch.

The source code is organized and made with type-checking aswell. I do believe many people can learn from this game.

Hopefully this was a useful resource to y’all!

:smiley:

(If anyone could send gameplay footage that would be great since my PC is too slow to record)

43 Likes

This is a great open source experience, and I had a lot of fun playing it. I might use some assets from this in a future experience. Thank you for sharing this!

Gameplay (2nd run):

3 Likes

What I think is really cool is you completed the game completely differently than me! At the Lava part I actually used all to cube to build a second bridge lol.

This just shows this game can be played in multiple ways.

2 Likes

Ah’, I thought you were suppose to use 2-3 cubes. I was going to use the ‘old’ cube glitch but I couldn’t seem to get it working. Most movement systems when you place the dragged item against the wall float with the character. Congrats for patching that! cough cough… Lumber Tycoon 2

I just noticed that you disabled the player collisions with the item. That’s a good fix!

And wait… what the heck?

1 Like

Amazing time killing game.
5 stars.

2 Likes

I agree, beat the game 3 times now and I’m still not bored of it!

3 Likes

That was when the cubes were just basic parts and I put faces on them to give personality. I guess it is now a funny little Easter egg lmao.

3 Likes

I have beaten the game 30 times lol. Beat that!

2 Likes

this is amazing! i am going to use this system with re-made maps, blocks, etc. i hope you don’t mind if i give you credit :smile:

2 Likes

Sounds awesome! I don’t really care if you give credit or not but I do want to be notified of your game!

Seems as if it can be a game on its own!

1 Like

Yo that cool i think i will try to use the drag system to make a gravity gun i send you footage when it’s done

1 Like

I was looking for a way to let players grab items and fling them around,so I guess this helped.

1 Like

Nice! this is really good for those people who wanted to make physics game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be careful about taking this, since it seems to use copyrighted assets, from Portal.

I am aware of this but Valve (The creators of Portal) are very generous when it comes to using their assets. Just don’t say you created them.

1 Like

There is many other games roblox using portal assets, but this one is only simulating the physic and not using their assets.

1 Like