Curved lighting help needed!

Hello, my name is Valynex. I’ve been a developer on roblox for for 3 1/2 years now. In all my years I’ve never had to make curved lighting see photo for what it should look like

What is the most practical, and efficient way to do this?

1 Like

Blender would probably be your best bet

1 Like

Only thing is, I’ve never used blender.

1 Like

I dont know then. I dont think u could use Unions, because they dont support Neons.

1 Like

There’s a plugin called Archimedes that I’ll link below. You can make extremely fine curves with parts, however the downside is whatever model you’re using will most likely have lots of parts depending on how fine your curves are.

If that doesn’t work, learning how to make a curved line in Blender is pretty easy and you could easily watch a tutorial on how to make curves. I haven’t watched through the tutorial myself but it looks about right to what you’re looking for. On the thumbnail the curve isn’t exactly as the image, but he should show you how to make a curve and you could work from there.

:link: Archimedes Link: Archimedes (v3.1.9) - Roblox

:link: Blender Tutorial Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHkzyH9dpv4

Hope I helped, good luck and let me know how it goes!

1 Like

There is a plugin called Archimedes 2, it is useful for things like these. Try it out.

1 Like

This can mostly be achieved with using unions and a cylinder from my knowledge.

You may want to learn to make curve objects or something related to the image using plugins will create much more easier approach, I would recommend using parts or a cylinder and union it and duplicate it in a squiggly you’ll need to rotate it Archimedes plugin might be something your looking for, however you’ll need to learn the plugin before attempting to create something similar to this. It’s a ways approach to accomplish and shouldn’t be to complicated to recreate it.

Here is a thread that goes into more depth about learning curvature it may be something you should check out:

1 Like