Custom Character Animations

Hello User,
I am having a major issue with a custom character I made. This character does not have the same part names as a normal character other than head. I made this characters animations and none of them work. I used a free model script which is probably the reason but I cannot script. Can anyone help me with this?

ConfinedDev

5 Likes

You have any more information? Can’t really help you with what you have told rn

2 Likes

Okay let’s get started… now then. Since you used a free model is all your Moter3D’s / Joints properly set up throughout the model/Rig? Does your model/Rig have an achievable Humanoid available?

IF YOU ARE USING A COMEPLETLY CUSTOM RIG FOLLOW THIS:

If you do have a supportable Mother3D/Jointed rig, It should look something like this regarding your joints (Depending what plugin you use.):

okbase

And, If you have it set up correctly the animation table interface should have your custom rig in some type of animatable state, for example:

botbot

If those are properly set up, then you should copy over your “Animate” script from the player’s rig and use that to animate your custom rig since you can’t code. Just change up the ID’s inside the script, look at the following below:

anim

Then follow to it’s properties:

propo

Then the animations are found below each value’s setting.

gj

If it isn’t a custom rig and a normal player rig, then you should just be able to name the “Player,” “StarterCharacter” and then put it under the StarterPlayer folder, and It should work just find when you click play, though you have to change around some of the properties of it a bit, regarding anchoring, and possibly collisions.

P:S: (Both rigs should be named StarterCharacter and placed under the StarterPlayer folder.)

okden

15 Likes

This is great but here is some more information. That is actually the same kind of script I used but my character has 7 parts straight up and down, it is like one of those magma cubes from minecraft. I attempted the animation and it still failed. I wonder if I have to set the animations to movement and idle if I have not already. This is very helpful and if I figure it out when I get on I will add this as the solution.

3 Likes

It’s more than likely the way you rigged up the player, make sure to root the humanoid to the torso and them rig from there.

• Check out this thread:
3 Likes

I created a humanoid root part instead of the torso, will that affect it?

2 Likes

It shouldn’t, the root part is an unmovable invisible part of your custom character though, so keep that in mind.

3 Likes

idk if this method stillworking now, i used this method and then the script just refreshed when playing

3 Likes