Custom Character Replication randomly starts being delayed?

I’ve got a custom replication system set up. The server is moving around a character Blue ghost, and sending the position through a unreliable remote event every 20th of a second. as soon as I receive the data on the client I update the Red ghost and the other character you see is just interpolation.

Although after about a minute inside studio some sort of delay happens and the my client permanently begins to update the position late. I thought this was caused by rate limiting on the remote events, but unreliable remote events should not have this problem right?

Happens at 0:17

It looks sort of like network owner is being taken over by the server, but the parts only exist and are moved on the client. The facing direction seems to still update on time but position seems behind? Does anyone have an idea of what could be happening here?

1 Like

It was network ownership related, Roblox splits the physics work between the server and other clients, and what was happening is the movement controller (The blue thing) was given to the client to handle the physics. So now the position was calculated by the client, sent to the server, then sent back to the client. So the delay was because position was being replicated three times instead of once.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.