Custom Character, Rigging, and Animating

Ok, so I need a lot of help on this, there are multiple issues so just bear with me. I’m new to this type of stuff. Though I do know some scripting.

What are you trying to do?

I am trying to animate and rig a custom model for a character in game. I have searched up so many tutorials and stuff on this, but they never answer any of my questions.

So first of all I tried rigging the custom character, it consists of a Left Leg, Right Leg, and Torso. Here are some pictures of the character. (please ignore the legs, they were made quickly so I could start the rigging, I will fix them later)

This leads to my first question which is, am I doing this correctly?

So now for the second question, can I rig the meshes/create joints within the meshes in roblox studio? (Like that one mesh deformation thing that came out?)

Last question, how do I animate these joints?

I would prefer you teach me a little, rather then just tell me how to do it.

Thanks in advance, you are really helping me out even though it might seem simple in your mind! :smiley:

-Blox

1 Like

Aye, I actually wrote a tutorial on this little while ago. Complete guide to rigging and animating models!

It goes through everything from a basic model to having a fully animated and rigged model at the end… If you have any questions on it, let me know!

3 Likes

Make sure you use a good and updated plugin, and correctly rigging the model.

To animate them all you have to do is just use a good animating plugin, as long as you rigged them correctly. You can use a simple model then rig it and animate it to start practising on it.

1 Like

Kinda strange to just pop in, but can you reccomend any good (preferably still on sale) plugins for rigging?

Thanks in advance - Emil

Is it still up to date? (does it still work)

I don’t have a Character Editor in my plugins tab.

You can find the same plugin here, it’s very good and useful.

1 Like

It isn’t for sale :confused:

Oh, are you sure? I have it in my plugins tab right now by the same owner.

Also seems kind of broken. Selection is half-broken, and moving joints doesn’t work. (At least not as specified in @12904’s tutorial)

They can put it off-sale, even though you already downloaded it. You will still have it.

Here is another good Rig Editor I can find, there is a full paid version if you want:

This one is on sale.

As a bystander, can confirm. Also, just that it’s offsale doesn’t mean that you can’t use it, rather that you can’t get it, so can’t download it and can’t use it.

I still don’t get anything :confused:

Yea, if you scroll down in the comments, the plug-in’s creator has released the files for it. He explains how to go through and add it to your plug-in folder. I have been using it for years, I’ve never experienced no problems with it besides the fact he has taken it off sale…

I also recommend reading through the majority of the comments, a few people had problems and you can use it to trouble shoot any issues you have with it.

1 Like

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Roblox\Plugins

What does he mean by this? Is this a file in my computer? Sorry to bother.

Yep, I didn’t actually go through the process since I didn’t want to risk loosing my current one. But I am 99.9% sure it is.

Where can I find this file?

If you are windows, you type in %LOCALAPPDATA% then go to Roblox and then plugins.

1 Like