Custom Character Will Not Import

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I would like to Import this model as a custom rig (it’s not really a custom rig but the r15 import isn’t working like I would like it to)

2. What is the issue?
    When I switch the rig type to custom the import button gets greyed out. (all the errors under the parts are because of texture issues.)

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I’ve tried importing as a custom rig from the plugins tab but that didn’t give me the results I wanted either
    After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!
    I wanted to be able to animate the face using the facial controls as you can with any default Roblox rig. The rig I am using is a default Roblox rig just with the nose, eyes, mouth, and ear areas separated. All the weights are fine and it deforms as it should. but I am unable to use the face animator with it. Instead, I get all these bones (a pain to animate, can’t even select them properly)

This happens when I import as a r15 rig, as you can see the separated parts don’t align to the face properly even though they are in blender. They align properly as a custom rig though

Additionally, when I import as a custom rig from the plugins tab it isn’t seen as an R15 rig at all even though I changed the rig type in the humanoid (this is probably because the names of the parts don’t follow r15 naming conventions. When I tried to change this I received an error in the animation editor about multiple parts having the same names. The bones in the armature have the proper names so when I rename the parts there is a conflict.)

1 Like

Did you scale the rig down after importing it? That could cause certain parts to be misaligned.

the only thing I did was separate the parts for the face.