Custom Cutscene Engine

A while back I had a need for a custom cutscene system for one of my projects that would allow for me to make cutscenes like the ones you see in off-platform games during a story mode or something similar, however, I could not find anything like it that was already made and was public (The closest I actually found was the TweenSequence Editor which this plugin’s interface was heavily inspired by/based off of)

Due to a lack of any existing plugin, I decided to make my own, which is capable of importing and exporting cutscenes. This system also supports custom “Actions” which are basically functions that get executed at the defined time in the cutscene and you can add custom actions to suit your needs and the editor will be able to use them upon reopening the place (as long as the module is in ReplicatedStorage, it will work perfectly fine).

By default, the engine has an Explosion action, an Emit action (for particles), an Animate action (to play an animation on a humanoid) and a Sound action, some actions can be bound to a specific part whilst others can be bound to no specific part. Actions are added by right clicking in the editor and selecting the appropriate action to add, in order to add actions which require a specified part you will need to have a part selected in the editor.

If an action has any settings, they will be modifiable via some input boxes at the top of the editor while the action is selected. Documentation for how to use the module the plugin provides is contained within the module itself, if you find any bugs I’d love to know about them so that I can fix them as soon as I can!

Here is a link to the plugin, I hope some of you will find this to be useful!
https://web.roblox.com/library/6516271269/Grims-Cutscene-Engine

4 Likes