Custom rig imported from Blender is breaking? Desperate need of help

Hello! I’ve just spent a couple hours rigging, weight painting and separating a model for use in my animal game.

Normally I use avatar importer and import the FBX models in with no issues, however today on a goat that I’ve spent quite a lot of time on, it completely broke the model and i’m not sure what to do.

Here is a few pictures of the issues.

This first picture is when I import it using Roblox’s avatar importer plugin.

However… when I try to resize it and hold any of the circular moving things and actually move it, whilst sizing it down or any direction it brings the model back to what it’s supposed to look like?? Here’s another picture to show.

This is also a picture of the model in blender for reference.

I have tried importing it multiple different times and nothing works.

1 Like

Have you tried importing it without the bones? and if that’s not the issue, have you checked their face orientations?

1 Like

I tried without the bones and it imported fine in proper pose, however in blender itself there isn’t any issue with my bones nor does the model look like it does in Roblox.

Unsure on how to check face orientations…

The issue thats causing your rig to break are your bones, I don’t know how to fix that but this might be related. I will also post a picture where to find face orientation. if the block is blue it can be seen, if its red it cant be seen.

I will come up with more links that might fix your rig
Link: FBX animation from blender is broken in studio

How to see face orientation:

1 Like

Yeah I followed a youtube 1 min video, my orientations are fine, even if it was wrong side double side property on Roblox would usually fix it.

And thanks for your help, I hope I can solve this, re-rigging and doing all that work again is really daunting to think of…

You’re welcome, I’ve never really worked with bones but I can assure you that you can find an answer

1 Like

Thank you so much for that thread you posted, it actually fixed my issues.

For anyone wondering or who may have the same issue.

Check your armature scale, if they are negative it flips everything.

Just remove the " - " and you’ll be fine!

No problem, could you press on solution of the thread I posted?

1 Like

I did! Would you mind editing it just to include :

"For anyone wondering or who may have the same issue.

Check your armature scale, if they are negative it flips everything.

Just remove the " - " and you’ll be fine!"