Custom rig with BreakJointsOnDeath set to false doesn’t die properly

Hello,

I am having issues with custom rigs and BreakJointsOnDeath.
When I set BreakJointsOnDeath to false, my character doesn’t die/reset the way they should.

For example, when I reset, my character somewhat dies on the client (their health is set to 0 and they start healing) while on the server they are still alive.

I’ve seen a couple of DevForum posts, however setting the character’s health on the server also produces the same issue. The character is somewhat dead on the server (and is healing) while on the client they are alive.

I’ve also noticed that when I move my character (via shift-lock on client or while in the server-view) the character suddenly registers that death.

Now, I’ve found some posts regarding this whole thing, however, everything that I’ve tried doesn’t really help.

I am having suspicions on the HumanoidRootPart, but I am not entirely sure, as the 3rd link mentions anchoring the HumanoidRootPart, however I don’t have it anchored or welded to anything in my case.

So, has anybody else experienced this before, do you have any suggestions on what to do or do you have an unknown solution to this problem?

1 Like