1. Open an empty baseplate template in Roblox Studio
2. Start Play Solo with character
3. Using explorer, anchor your HumanoidRootPart
4. Using explorer, set Humanoid.BreakJointsOnDeath to false
5. Try and reset your character.
I expect the humanoid health to be set to 0, the Died event to fire, and then the player to respawn. None of these things happen, except on the client. For whatever reason the client receives the death event and client health moves to zero, but the server does not.
When you reset, the client health moves to zero, all animations stop playing, and the client Died event is fired, but the character never respawns. If you move to server view and select the humanoid, the server health is still at 100. If you manually set the server health to 0, the Died event will still not fire and the humanoid will begin healing from the default health script. If you then un-anchor the HumanoidRootPart, the server will finally ‘catch up’ and the humanoid will die.
Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-08 00:09:00 (-07:00)