Customizable proximity prompts

For the longest time I’ve been looking for a good base for having customizable proximity prompts that can be modified to whatever without having to go into code to change. Since I couldn’t find one that was a good base to work from, I made a gui object based one from the custom proximity prompt code here ProximityPrompt.Style (roblox.com). Well, here is the link to the model: Customizable proximity prompt base - Roblox
How to use (This is also in the readme file)

1 Place the CostomProimityPrompt script in Game → StarterPlayer → StarterPlayerScripts
2 Place the Prompt BillboardGui in Game → ReplicatedStorage
3 For any proximity prompt you want to be the custom prompt, make shure the ProximityPrompt.Style is set to Custom
4 Edit the custom proximity prompt (Optional but really the whole point of this)
Note: when editing the proximity prompt, make a screen gui and place it into Game → StarterGui and place the proximity prompt in there.
Then set the Adornee object to whatever mesh, basepart, or attachment you want

Update 7/30/2021:
Fixed the hold progressbar animation

Update 12/31/2021:
Made a whole new system, see here: Custom proximity prompt v2 - Resources / Community Resources - DevForum | Roblox

6 Likes

I been trying to use this for close to a hour but I can’t get it to work Would you mind helping?

Nevermind I found out how to get it working

It’s good but I’m sad on how I can’t resize the frame without it turning back to normal and ruining everything else but over all pretty cool

1 Like

Uhh I’m very late but does anyone know why the frame goes invisible for no reason?

Depending on what frame it is, if it is to do with the circle frame it’s for the animation. Otherwise, it may be changing layers to hide assets/images. I want to rewrite this so much as the default implementation (this current one) is bad for full customization.

1 Like

Its the normal dark gray box outside of it
Screenshot (178)
It appears for a brief moment and then disappears :confused:

Yah, I noticed this too, it may be a scaling issue for when the prompt is triggered. Thats is one of many reasons I want to rewrite this, but it is time consuming to say the least.

I found the line causing the bug (line 115), once I find a fix I’ll edit this post.
Edit:
Simply change line 115 to

table.insert(tweensForFadeIn, TweenService:Create(frame, tweenInfoFast, { Size = UDim2.fromScale(1, 1), BackgroundTransparency = 0.2 }))