Dampen limited maximum sell time

It’s painful to watch an item like this take over 24 hours and not even be sold out. If it’s not selling out well, chances are when they are re-sold they will be selling for a very low amount. To make this item more rare and at least have some value by taking it off-sale now 52 would exist instead of 100, thus making it more rare/have value.

Maybe after 3 hours of a limited releases, if it’s not completely sold it’s taken off sale at that point.

3 Likes

I bought it in the first couple seconds…

I want to cry.

I didn’t get this one since the green version of this was also 20k and it failed. So, good luck to those who got this.

1 Like

I think they have done exactly this before.

A couple of times when an item isn’t selling I’m fairly sure they’ve just surprise taken it off sale making the current owners the only ones. I can’t remember many where this stands true but I’m fairly sure it’s happened once or twice.

If you ask me, ROBLOX should have a separate off-sale timer that users can’t see for items like this.

Agreed - if an item is taking forever to sell out it shouldn’t be expected to sell out within the next millennia, nor should it expect to make any sort of profit. It would benefit the buyers if there was some sort of system in place where after its purchasing time slowed down ridiculously it would just sell out even if it has remaining items.

Remember when this wasn’t sold out for weeks and then was forced to be resellable?

Also happened for the crimson thug shades but apparently someone has hoarded the whole lot of them.

1 Like

I’d like to believe that
http://www.roblox.com/users/94726614/inventory/#!/hats

As for the suggestion, there should definitely be a maximum sale time for limiteds. This is just ridiculous

I favor a system where new limiteds are on sale for a limited duration, rather than a limited number of copies.

I think it is a bad user experience to have items that sell out in 30 seconds.

My 2c

5 Likes

It’s also annoying that new limiteds aren’t immediately put to the top of the relevant section. You have to sort by new or you will never see them, sometimes things sell out before I even see it on the relevant section.

I bought that green one. Then I was trying to sell it on mobile for 17k and accidentally put it up for 7k. It was instantly sold :frowning: