Dangerous Models (Bad viruses, and how to avoid them)

Hello!

Today im risking my computer for the sake of your learning, because im going to put free models from toolbox in order to get many free models in my game.

This is for beginners learning of the toolbox. The reason its in Community Tutorials is because each time i enter one virus, ill teach you what it does and how to avoid it. It could be as simple as deleting it or overwriting your entire game.

before we continue:
DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. I AM DOING THIS BECAUSE IM AN IDIOT AND WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE WHY MODELS ARE BAD AND HOW TO AVOID THE VIRUSES IN THEM.

Lets get started.

So this is gonna be similar to what SharkBlox has done, adding free models in the game randomly.

So, im going to open the toolbox and literally just type in: “virus”, as sharkblox has done in his video.

NOW, I DO NOT SHOW THE VIRUS NAME BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT YOU GUYS TO GET THIS.

1st one:
forthereason

Alr, so lets see what this one holds!

lolw

Woah, ok lets check the MainModule script 1st of all:
so uh

WOAH OK, so as you can see i have some of the code blocked out, because some were innapropirate, and some contained the name of the model i didnt want you to get.

So this is adding a UI into your playerGUI, lets see what this had to say.

ololol

Nothing at all happened. not to say this wasn’t a bad virus though. Let’s continue.

uh, i have no idea what this is guys.
lloowowowowowoow

What in the world. Let me see what this little thing does.

whwhwhwh

omg omg omg! so uh this did nothing, yet im not showing the name of this anyway, with i will not ANY.

Phase 2: Sky box viruses?

Yes, there could be viruses in your sky.

Now lets enter some.

skyweld.

Huh, thats weird. Since when does a sky need a weld script? The sky stays in the sky, no?

ohno

Oh, its a normal script! wait a sec, whats that name of the script?:

whatthe1

Oh, no…

facts fun

So what this does, is, well if we scroll to the right of the script, you see some hidden lines of code, which bring in bad models into the game. Lets delete this script!

Uh, its still there after deleted…? Thats because that was a backdoor. You cant find the location of that script easy. So, this requires you to overwrite your current game if its public or published. Try taking the models you had in game and transferring them to a different one. Lets do ONE more before i teach you how to overwrite this experience/game.
NOTE: TRY LOOKING IN COREGUI BEFORE DOING THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DONT LOSE YOUR GAME PROGRESS FOR THIS.
Phase 3: The Last One.
okkkksd

So, as you can see at the top its saying that its an official script of roblox studio.

Well for you beginners, it is most definitely not. Another backdoor, except you can simply delete this one.

How to overwrite your game.

Go to file - Publish to roblox
then
open another roblox studio tab, keeping the published game tab there too.
make a baseplate in the new studio tab. then, go to file - Publish to roblox AS, then choose the game thats infected, then press overwrite. select it again after, and press overwrite. and there you have it, your game is now virus cleaned.

Thanks for looking at this tutorial, please stay safe and do not enter free models inside your game, as its dangerous. Pay someone to make them for you, or learn how to make them through tutorials. As i said before, DO NOT TRY TO ATTEMPT WHAT IVE BEEN DOING. Well, Bye!

5 Likes

Just don’t use free models.
Okay, you’re a noob, you must use free models, what do you do?
Check the scripts closer.
Okay, you’re a noob and you’re lazy, what do you do?
You can pay someone to make models for you instead of free ones.
Okay, you’re a noob, poor and lazy, what do you do?
I guess you can daydream ngl

4 Likes

All things you could do, as well. Yea, i better just put “dont use free models, pay someone to make them for you. if not just learn”.

1 Like

That’s true.
Anyways, you can’t complain if it’s free.

1 Like

this is nice for people who are 9 yr old but not for people above 10 :confused: and pretty sure in devforum no one is 9 yr old

2 Likes

True, yet for people new to the toolbox, this is helpful. Also i started when i was 11, and didnt know the basics of studio after a month. So this is just helpful for beginners.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like
A mind-blowing solution

dont use free models.

2 Likes

Ive put this down in the topic too. I believe its unprofessional as well, but if your doing it for the sake of learning, then you just have to be careful.

1 Like

What risk were you posing to your computer?

Viruses could easily crash your computer.

Here’s an example:

local yas = script.Parent

while true do
    task.wait(0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001) -- bypass max runtime
    yas.Value = math.random(1,math.huge())
end
1 Like

Yep, very dangerous. Could have easily harmed my computer, and something ELSE i was working on in another studio tab.

I have a pretty laggy pc, so when things crash, its overall terrible unless i can turn it off.

The thing is ive learned what all of these do, and i KNOW how to make a decent virus. Of course i never will lol.

But one i listed, the backdoor, thats pretty insane compared to the others.

Hi!

1st of all, I like free models, they are a great source of inspiration, sometimes script ideas, sometimes simple thing like a tree, house, NPC, car etc.

They need attention and the scripts must be disabled / analysed / deleted before any use. I use my own NAAP plugin to do this, I uploaded many YT video to show how to use it.

An infected model can’t harm your computer but they may crash / infect your current Roblox project.

The most dangerous source of viruses are the Roblox plugins, be careful with them. They can infect the Roblox environment and you may need to completely reinstall it to clean it up.

2 Likes

Can you pm me a very bad virus? I’m just very curious how you can make one.

You can’t get an actual computer virus from free models.

Computer viruses are made to spread and infect things. They don’t just sit in a single program and do one specific thing like in ROBLOX Studio.

I don’t think this script will do anything unless you were to run the game you’re working on in ROBLOX/ROBLOX Studio itself.

This topic seems interesting, but it makes it sound like you can get actual malware from inserting free models from the Toolbox. I don’t believe this is the case as I’ve never heard of such a thing happening before, so I’m worried that this will give a false impression.

If you’re worried about free models injecting scripts that can ruin your game, I recommend only inserting models that have a good rating and/or made by trustworthy people.

2 Likes

I was testing it as i was putting them in the game.

Uhhh, no. I dont think im gonna make a real virus at all.

Yeah, you can’t get actual malware from inserting a script, but a script could crash your computer.