DataDelve — easy, free datastore editor

As expected! I kept my word. Thank you so much for making the plugin free, you deserve the donation! I hope the development of the plugin was worth it! :sparkling_heart:

Keep the great work up!

2 Likes

wow thank you so much!!! :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

Update

The source code for DataDelve is now available on GitHub! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

viewItviewIt
viewIt

5 Likes

:mirror_ball::dancing_women: September Update

New update has been released with lots of additions and changes. It is a lot to cover, so here is me speedrunning some of the things that were added:

Main Additions

• Edit menu which lets you edit multi-line strings (can also be used when inserting).
    • Right click and press edit to access it.
  • Move/duplicate key.
    export_and_highlights
  • JSON import/export.
  • Use script editor theme.
  • Pin items in history.
  • Drag and drop to reorder array elements.
  • Use Automatic User Id replacement in DataStore name/scope.
    data_usage
  • Data usage viewer.
  • Tab to switch between TextBoxes.

These are the changes I thought would be helpful to know, but there are many more which you can see here (press the link and scroll up): DataDelve Canary - #34 by pinehappi.

Overall, your experience using this plugin should be much smoother and pleasant now. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and support!

5 Likes

:angst: I doubt this is bump-worthy, but I visited your donation experience and gave :robux_gold:250.

I haven’t really used DataDelve, only opening it a couple times, but I think it’s a well-made plugin that deserves donations.

1 Like

Thank you!! I’m glad you liked the plugin! :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Downloaded it, tested it, reviewed your GitHub post. I’m absolutely amazed by your work!

Left you a donation, keep up the good work!
(You should make a paid version on the asset store for people who want to support you!)

1 Like

Damn dude, this actually looks fire and really useful! I would love to see how the compiler is done.

1 Like

Great plugin! I tinkered with it a bit and have some UX feedback:

• Exporting & importing to/from JSON has a clunky workflow. Every time I go to export, the “usage notice” popup comes up instead of immediately prompting me to save the file. Importing from JSON requires me to manually rename the previously exported file, which becomes pretty frustrating if done often. A better approach here would be to export the data as a .lua file with the JSON stored in a comment. The plugin can then allow the lua file to be directly re-imported later, no renaming required. Sleitnick’s plugin does this by storing the information in comments:
-- EXPORTED FROM DATASTORE EDITOR - DO NOT MODIFY

-- Version: 1

-- GameId: 2799591695
-- PlaceId: 7200003285

-- Key: "313"
-- DataStore Name: "Production_PlayerData1_Data"
-- DataStore Scope: "73223877"

-- Data: {"SomeKey":"SomeValue"}
  • Some fields are visually aligned on the X axis, while others are not. This produces some visual clutter that can make the data difficult to quickly parse:
2 Likes

Thank you all for the feedback and support! :face_holding_back_tears: It really made my day.

I like that idea, but at the moment I can’t because my account is not verified.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. It was very helpful and I will try to incorporate it into future releases (although the x-aligned fields will be a little difficult since all elements are rendered in isolation for virtual scrolling).

2 Likes

Woah, this is way better than datastore editor and thank you for making it free and open source!
Really appreciate your work.

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

As in, ID-verified or checkmark verified?

1 Like

sheesh :cold_face:

this is on another level, awesome plugin

1 Like

My account is not id-verified.

1 Like

awesome plugin!
even if it had a price. it’s still worth it :+1:

1 Like

Best datastore editor in roblox.

And it’s open source letsgooo. Open source ftw

2 Likes