DataStore Editor V3

I think they meant it should cost more because it’s a very well made plugin.

Also there’s kind of an annoying bug that when I play test the game then I go out of play test and open up datastore editor v3, it opens it in a very tiny window (so small it doesn’t even show the import, export, refresh, save, and and delete buttons) and the dragging arrows to make it bigger don’t work for some reason.

The only thing I can do is dock the plugin then undock it and the dragging arrows will work again, then if I play test again I’ll have to repeat.

Just letting you know no pressure to fix it.

Hi, sounds like that’s just an issue with the plugin widget. I don’t have a lot of control over that unfortunately, except the ability to set the minimum size, which is set to a useable size. If the widget isn’t keeping its old state, that’s more likely a bug with plugin widgets. But regardless, I’ll take a look just to double-check it’s nothing on my end!

3 Likes

Yes, thats what i wanted to say.

This plugin seems to be non-functional as of v3.0.8. When a valid datastore name and scope is entered and the connect button is pressed it will seem like its working, but if you try to input any key it will never find any data. Doing the same thing with the same Name, Scope, and Key works properly in the command bar, just not in this plugin.

1 Like

Great Stuff worked perfectly :smiley: 5/5 stars or something

1 Like

Is a version of this that supports Datastore v2 being coded?

2 Likes

Update v3.2.0

As part of the new DataStore V2 upgrades, I have been working on some new changes. Today I have pushed a few new ones, with more to come:

• Adds ability to list/filter DataStores
  • Adds ability to list/filter keys (if DataStore V2 is checked)
  • Adds label to show data size of a key at the bottom
  • Fixes ScrollFrame width resizing
  • Fixes a few other small bugs

Coming in the future:

• Ability to view/edit metadata
  • Ability to view previous key versions & swap to those versions as the current version

Along with these changes, I will also be incrementally stepping up the price of the plugin. As of writing, I have bumped it to 200 R$ (from 150 R$).

8 Likes

I have a small bug report, when I want to delete value e.g. “SomethingReallyNice” → 0 it does not allow me to save changes (workaround for now is to insert something and then delete it right away and the save changes button becomes available).

Anyways is there a way to donate you, I can’t imagine working without this amazing plugin and I want to give you something in return for it.

Hi, can you give me some more info on this?

Are you deleting a whole key with the Delete button in the top-right, or just deleting a key out of a table?

Hey, sorry that I haven’t been able to form my reply better.

Here’s video of the behaviour:
https://gyazo.com/c0e06a8750867ed7bee3cbbaab48fefb

With the new update, I noticed that there’s a character count, etc like you said,
but it says 4,000,000 characters, and not the more specific actual limit which is 4,194,301.

I wonder if this is something you decided on, or just didn’t know, or maybe you thought it was better to show that instead so that people don’t rely on the more specific limit? I don’t know.
Just wondering if that was intentional or not, and if not if you plan to fix it.

1 Like

Hey,

It seems like I can’t access GlobalDataStore with the Plugin…

Any idea how to access it?

Thanks, Nehoray

I got the number directly from the DataStore documentation page.

Use the name “global”

1 Like

If this is the case, then it’s possible an engineer miscommunicated with a wiki writer, causing them to write 4 Mb instead of 4 Mib. Might be worth a report on the typos thread.

2 Likes

Does this work for ProfileService?

That’s fine, that number is meant to be what people should use as a reference point as to how much data they can save. However, like I said if you don’t want confusion with people around being confused as to why they’re able to save more than 4 million characters, then I suggest changing it to the more specific limit.

You could also only show the more specific limit once the data saved is >= 4,000,000.

It doesn’t really matter, but anyhow, it’s basically a 192KB difference, which is a lot.
Therefore I believe you should use the more accurate higher actual limit.

Yeah if that’s the actual limit, I’ll change it. Has anyone tried to fill a key to that limit to verify?

1 Like

I can’t at this moment, but this should work.

Note: Like the person who shared this info said, his test only worked after he removed ~3 characters from the string, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

local CharacterCount = 4000000 --// edit this with the more specific limit

local Str = {}

for _ = 1, CharacterCount do
    table.insert(Str, "a")
end

DataStore:SetAsync("key", table.concat(Str))

The limit is 4*1024*1024-1 (4,194,303) bytes of JSON data. For a string containing non-escaped characters, the maxmimum length would be 2 less to account for the double-quotes of the JSON string.

local limit = 4*1024*1024-1
local ds = game:GetService("DataStoreService"):GetDataStore("test")
print(pcall(function() ds:SetAsync("test", string.rep("A", limit-2)) end))
--> true
print(pcall(function() ds:SetAsync("test", string.rep("A", limit-1)) end))
--> false 105: Serialized value exceeds 4MB limit.
ds:RemoveAsync("test")
print("DONE")
1 Like

it might be paid yes, but seeing how it works it’s 100% worth it due to the time and effort sleit put in it. great job!