DataVoid: Datastore management in a fingersnap

Nothing is more painful than managing your data, checking if it saved properly during tests and modifying them. I know the stress behind it, sometimes even to the point I just want to pull my hair out because of the stress behind it. What if I told that all that stressful, hairpulling and time consuming testing is in the past?

I introduce you to DataVoid

With dataVoid you can easily manage your data.
Everything that used to be annoying about it becomes super easy and is done in just a fingersnap.

Most Up-To-Date UI Look

afbeelding
The UI is clear and practically everything is easy to use. The Datastore section is where you put your Datastore’s name in. The Key is to aquire the data from a specific user within the scope (optional). DataVoid completely writes out what you had in your datastore like so.
Tables
afbeelding
strings
afbeelding
numbers
afbeelding

No data in the datastorage of that key? No problem! A Ready-To-Use template will be given if the datastore has no data.

Simply change the data to whatever you want. it can be a table, string, integer, boolean. Everything that is UTF-8 Supported is saveable AND retrieveable.

Status Section

In most cases DataVoid gives you a clear case on what needs to be done in order to start using the plugin. I’ll be explaining everything about the statuses DataVoid gives for optimal knowledge about the usage of the plugin. Most of the statuses do explain themselves.

Success Statuses

Whenever you retrieve your data and there is actually something saved in the storage you will see this message if the action is completed without any complications.
afbeelding

the other variant of this is the data created status.

afbeelding
This one will pop up if you try to retieve a data that has not been created/saved yet. In this case the template will be put into the module for you so you can go on and create your data (or to check if your data in game saved or not)

And yes, ofcourse does saving also has a success status.
afbeelding
see this pop up? your data got saved no more worries, it’s all done and good.

Failure Statuses

Whenever you open up a newly made place which isn’t uploaded you’ll most definetly will see this as a Status message
afbeelding
This indicates, as the picture says, that the place needs to be published. Chances are big that the message is still there after uploading the place, all you need to do then is enable Studio Access to API Services in order to make it work and simply just start obtaining data.

Did you forget to enable Studio Access to Api Service? No problem EVEN for this I have made a status.
afbeelding
Just enable it when you see this, it really isn’t that hard.*

However there might be one really confusing Status you can come across.
afbeelding
This often indicates that there can’t be a connection made with the server. In such cases check if roblox is down or if you haven’t disconnected from your network.

afbeelding
This might be one of the most important Status responses in this document.
if you made an syntax error or used invalid arguments for the module to return it will Set the status to this message.

*No clue how to enable Studio Access To Api Service? here you can see where to find all the game settings while in studio and how to enable them.

initializing Statuses
There are 2 types of these. they only occur while saving data or getting data. These are stated to check if any errors have occured, if not there isn’t really anything to worry about.
afbeelding afbeelding

However if the Status shows a message regarding an action failed to process which keeps occuring
Contact me, tell me what you exactly did at that moment and I’ll try to resolve it as soon as possible.

Plugin

Do keep in mind that this is still an early stage of the plugin. I will most certainly expand the possibilities with DataVoid alot more. Any suggestions are more than welcome and feedback is much appreciated!

some features are not included in this post. Read the Update Logs for info about them

Update Logs

17 Likes

Does this plugin work with ordered datastores+scopes in ordered datastores?

this plugin works with both ordered datastores and scopes (even combined). ordered datastores got added recently which is shown in the update logs thread.

1 Like

I currently use the DataStore Editor plugin created by Crazyman32 for both DataStore management and manipulation. :thinking:

When it said DataStore management I was finally hoping that someone would’ve found or created some magical way to allow developers to see every entry of data sent to a DataStore since that’s the real pain, but this’ll do as well.

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

i might look into that one. thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. if i find a way (and added it) you will most definitely see it back in the update logs!

This plugin looks super useful however, I usually avoid datastores and instead go straight for a custom solution, but I’d imagine that I would use this if I were to need to use datastores again!

Just a quick heads for those who use the plugin and use ordered datastores. i messed up a bit but it should be even easier to access all the data including keys and values (or individual data) from ordered datastores.

regarding the comment of @colbert2677 it is possible if I correctly understand what you mean, however it is only possible with the ordered datastore as it returns all the data currently in the Ordered datastore in a specific order (which doesn’t matter right now. that option will come later on if it is requested by people. as of now it will be ordered in an ascending manner)

check the logs for more info.

Was the title intentional? Either or, nice work.

thank you :slight_smile: , it was most certainly intentional (if there are any spelling mistakes do let me know. im fairly dyslectic).