Decals with different language allowed?

I’m just asking this as a future reference so I know, but if I were to upload a decal in Arabic, would it be accepted? Obviously, I wouldn’t upload something inappropriate (I actually planned on uploading a logo similar to what’s attached below), but I’m worried the moderators might think otherwise.

The image below isn’t actually written in Arabic dialect, but rather as English pronounciation (but the logo itself is, both of which mean ‘Gulf Horse’ or ‘Horse of the Gulf’ depending on how you read it):
Siemens_Hesan_Alkhaleej

8 Likes

Unfortunately anything not immediately recognizable or translatable (bonjour, oui, etc) will likely be removed.

Mods won’t bother translating languages, they have plenty of work to do without that extra step. :stuck_out_tongue:

You may have to get creative with the design - something I think you’re entirely capable of doing after seeing your past builds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If a decal gets taken down, don’t be afraid to make an appeal at the moderation review request subforum (https://devforum.roblox.com/c/moderation-review-requests). Those tend to get taken care of eventually.

2 Likes

I don’t have access to that topic.

3 Likes

What about games within the francophone community for example?

1 Like

I absolutely love the idea of more non-English content, and maybe the soon-to-be Localization API applies to and allows decals. But until then, I’d keep to just English since I don’t know how they handle the moderation of other languages.

If there is an issue though, it wouldn’t hurt to do as @XAXA suggested.

I guess I always err on the side of caution :sweat_smile:

Also I am not a moderator, please take my advice with a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve asked this question before and the official answer is: Yes. Other languages are allowed on Roblox.

3 Likes

I made 2 decals with different languages, one in German and the other one in Russian. I didn’t get any moderation issues. So I think It’s ok if the text is appropriate.

2 Likes