Deeplinking Does Not Direct to Experience After Logging In

When following a deeplink URL to an experience, users are not brought to the experience if they are not previously logged in.

Scenarios:

• If a user is logged into Roblox either on web or mobile and follows a deeplink URL, they are brought directly into the experience works correctly
  • If a user is not logged into Roblox on either web or mobile and follows a deeplink URL, they are prompted to log in. After logging in, they are brought to the Roblox front page instead of the experience the deeplink was linking to unexpected
  • If the users follows a deeplink on either web or mobile and go through account creation, they will be brought to the Roblox front page instead of the experience the deeplink was linking to unexpected
  • If the user follows a deeplink, downloads the Roblox app on mobile, and creates an account, they will be brought to the Roblox front page instead of the experience the deeplink was linking to unexpected

Expected behavior

If I follow a deeplink to an experience either on web or mobile, the experience should be launched after I have logged in, including if I had to download the Roblox app first on mobile.

A private message is associated with this bug report

4 Likes

Do you mind submitting a video for this? I just tested on web and it can route to experience detail page correctly.

I just shared two videos with you in the bug report’s private message. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing that. Thank you for the help!

Hi @yqzhang I wanted to check in to see if those videos were visible and made sense for the team? Thanks!

@yqzhang Just pinging back into this thread to see if there is any update? Thanks!

Hi there! Apologies, it turned out this was initially sent to the wrong team. I’m working on getting access to the video you shared, but in the meantime tried a couple links from a screenshot from it(AppsFlyer Link and Website Link "Link 1"). At least from a quick test on iPhone, both immediately joined the experience after logging in for me. Does this only happen on certain devices?

Following up, I got access to the two videos. It looks like both happen specifically on desktop, with the links opening to the website, is that correct? If so, this is actually expected behavior currently, as the website doesn’t currently support the same deeplinking behavior of remembering where you were trying to navigate to upon login. That said, we can take this as a feature request for that.

Definitely let me know if you’re seeing this on our mobile app, though, as that should be working.

Hi @FourPointFourly Thanks for the follow up. We checked it and it appears to be working on mobile! Thank you!!!

We would very much appreciate this being added as a Feature Request for desktop. Knowing that if someone has followed a deeplink it takes them to the game, regardless of which platform or whether or not they are logged in, is important for our funnel and confidence in user acquisition.

Makes sense, good to hear that it works on mobile. I sent this as a feature request and heard back from an engineer on the web team that they’ll be looking into it.