Default Character Type

Hi. I’m trying to set the default character type for players when they enter the game, but am having some problems. I know there’s an avatar section in the game settings I can use to specify an R15 body type, but I don’t know how to set the individual meshes properly.

I want players to spawn with this body type:

This body type has upper arms, lower arms, and hands, so I don’t know what to enter into the default mesh fields in the avatar page which only has ID sections for whole arms, and not the individual pieces.

Does anyone know how I can get my default character to look like this? I’ve already tried writing a script to copy the mesh IDs across, but I can’t modify that property from a script apparently.

1 Like

There is a better way to do this. First name the character StarterCharacter. Second make sure all parts are unanchored. Third place the character under StarterPlayer. It should work! Was this able to help?

5 Likes

Rename the Rig to “StarterCharacter” then drag into StarterPlayer. As 1Pixel1 has said, make sure to unanchor it as well. I hope this has helped.

` @kindahelena

1 Like