Delayed inputs register after studio freezes

Im not quite sure if this is a bug that is fixable, but this has been happening to me for AGES

When my studio freezes once I open a solo session, sometimes I spam the Stop button, as shown in the screenshot below.

However, once studio unfreezes the stop button is replaced with the “Start local server session” button, and the inputs would register at that position, which starts a local session.

I’ve attached a video of this happening. You can see that once my studio unfreezes, all inputs are finally registered at the position where the stop button originally was, which starts a local server session. (This almost crashed my PC)

2 Likes

This is intended behavior which I believe is meant to queue inputs for laggy experiences. However, it is inconsistent at best and should have an option to disable it, or to give us better visual feedback for when a button has been pressed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report… We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

We took a look at this and think it will be resolved as part of the next gen UI work we are doing. In the meantime, try not to spam the Stop button quite so much :slight_smile:

1 Like