Desktop Player Thinks I'm On Mobile, Breaks Menu and Shift Lock

It seems that the Roblox Player is identifying my computer as a mobile device, which winds up breaking the menu, shift lock, and some other things. I’ve tried reinstalling Roblox Player and restarting my computer with no luck. It happens in every game.

One potential cause of this is a touchscreen monitor I have plugged into my computer, but I’ve had it for months and it’s never caused any issues, leading me to believe that this is either a recent bug or just a really rare one.

Note that the default camera/movements settings are mobile settings.

55 Likes

Having this issue as well. Right after an update I believe.

Thank you Roblox Team, very cool!

11 Likes

We’ll have a fix turned on shortly.

30 Likes

Due to the way I based my UI this bug completely breaks my entire game and I’ve lost several hundreds players from it, not entirely sure what to do besides waiting

10 Likes

I guess there is nothing to do right now expect waiting. Almost all games are broken because of this. Also the in-game chat doesn’t work as how it should work.

10 Likes

Able to reproduce on Win10 Laptop running 1903.

I can join a game and play with mouse & keyboard just fine, however when I touch my touchscreen Roblox will go into touchscreen mode where I am unable to use my mouse.

Will work after restarting the client, but I cannot use my touchscreen & mouse without it going into mobile mode.

6 Likes

I fixed this by disabling the touchscreen driver and restarting the roblox client. It’s a decent short-term fix but it’s gonna be annoying to do it every time i wanna run roblox

6 Likes

They are fixing it as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Also getting this. Hopefully, it’s fixed soon!

4 Likes

This broke certain methods of detecting if you’re on mobile, which caused a lot of errors for one of my games, however the below code seems to function just fine even with the bug running and I was able to get my game functioning again.

if not game:GetService("UserInputService").KeyboardEnabled then
8 Likes

I have the opposite, my roblox mobile client thinks I’m on pc.

6 Likes

I’m getting the same issue here, glad to know that I’m not the only one experiencing this! :smiley:

9 Likes

So with this line we can know if a player is on mobile or not? :thinking:

4 Likes

Basically unless they have a keyboard attached, but certain alternative methods are broken as of right now so I’d use this

3 Likes

I’m having the same issues. After touching my screen it goes to Mobile Mode, and I accidentally hit the Windows button and my Mouse on the Roblox client Disappeared.

2 Likes

3 hours… is there an update to be found?

4 Likes

Shipping a bug fix can be complicated, it’ll be released when it’s ready. Please be patient.

3 Likes

having the same issue here but my screen is not even touchscreen .

4 Likes

Same here. So it isn’t an issue with touchscreen. By the way, I’m using Windows 7, if that helps.

2 Likes

I think its fixed im not getting the issue anymore
Edit: it is fixed

4 Likes