Desktop Wallpapers

I have windows, but im too broke to get an activation key -_- now im stuck

Yeah, anytime you pause could be turned into a wallpaper. Which is a testament to how incredible the film really is

1 Like

that was 2021? i thought it was last month.

1 Like

How can i make my vs code look like that? like with the background from the wallpaper

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been enjoying real life recently (I know you won’t believe it, I don’t as well). The vscode theme is called Vibrancy. It simply makes the background transparent, which allows it to have that blurry effect of what is behind the window. In the shot, I just had my desktop wallpaper, but it reacts to anything, even videos, in real time, so you can literally play a YouTube video in the background and you will always be able to take a quick glance at the blurry background and see what’s going on in the video (of course you won’t be able to see anything because it’s blurred, but it just proves that it looks cool, especially with an audio visualizer). As for the desktop thing, that’s called rainmeter. It’s a tool for Windows users to add widgets and other stuff to the desktop or even completely overhaul the look of Windows. There are many, many themes and skins out there, but here is what I use.
I use mostercat visualizer for the cool audio waves. Pretty neat plugin. There are other choices; I prefer this one; it’s up to you.
For the clock, I use JaxCore. It’s a big skin library; I use one of the modules, I think it’s called modular clocks, and it looks really good.
Keep this in mind. I use stock settings, and all I do is pretty much change a color or two and the size. If you really want to make your own, then you can code it yourself.
Oh, and also, on my previous setup, I actually used a live wallpaper. A live wallpaper is basically a video, nothing much. I would suggest wallpaper engine or lively wallpaper which is the one I used. You can make a lot with those. I like it the way it is, but hey, one day my taste might change. I’ve been into more Ghibli (anime) styled art recently and might change my wallpaper soon.

My wallpaper isn’t consistent, but most of the time, it’s either a picture or video of Royale High that I captured. When I checked this topic, my wallpaper was a video of the beautiful, best version of Divinia Park that I still hate to know that they’ll never bring back, the one used for their Valentine’s Day/Lunar New Year 2022 event.

Here’s the Wallpaper Engine wallpaper if anyone’s interested:

2 Likes

This is my current wallpaper.

It’s really minimalistic but I like that.

3 Likes

Its me and my brother in that windows background, this is the link for the game if you want to check it out: The Beach Cave

10 Likes

Your wallpaper turned out pretty cool

1 Like

I have 1,000 hours in Euro Truck Simulator 2. I’m a 2014 veteran. Thus the reason it’s my wallpaper and my keyboard background on my phone.

4 Likes

Small update on my desktop. Basically, I reinstalled Windows because it got messy. I had to re-create my whole setup from ground zero because the only thing I managed to save from my files were my important encrypted files containing authentication codes, passwords, tokens, etc. I managed to get the same look as my old desktop, but a little different. Since Mostercat’s visualizer updated and finally fixed the goddamn webplayingnow extension, I can finally link my Spotify to my skins. I added a small bar showing the timestamp of the song at the very bottom. It hides the bar if no player is detected. As for normal audio, yes, it does detect every sound your computer makes. It’s just so relaxing. Sometimes when I play osu! and alt-tab, I just see how cool my desktop looks, relax to the looks, and pause my game for a few minutes to admire life. I also enabled my desktop icons, removed the shortcut icon through regedit, and now I have multiple partitions, so it’s no longer a 400-file mess. Before, if I tried to open my desktop in File Explorer, it would just crash. skull_reaction: I now have organized partitions for everything: 200GB for C://, 250GB for Games, 300GB for Home (Workspace, most program files, files I work with daily), 150GB Storage (Installation files, other temporary files, gallery, long-term files), and finally 50GB preserved for the top-most needed files, an executable encrypter/decrypter with instructions on how to use it, just in case my dumb brain forgets how to use it. Anyways, I know you have been reading all this for a while. Here is the screenshot that you wanted to see so badly.

4 Likes

I made a new wallpaper and it looks so epic:

Made this as a test of wallpaper engine, its not public as of yet but the background scrolls.

also since ppl are linking their phone backgrounds this is mine.

2 Likes

My wallpaper is the best.

3 Likes

this gives me mental pain. with all of the beautiful backgrounds you choose… this :sob:

4 Likes

i thought firefox wasn’t working for a second

5 Likes

Donda (2021) reference
Seriously though, how can you live with an all black background??

I like the simplicity of it. It helps me stay focused.

1 Like

honestly a really good reason

(I should probably do that considering how distracted i get…)

1 Like

I have a slideshow of these three backgrounds atm:

5 Likes