Destroying objects locally in a character should not replicate

Currently if you destroy an object in your character from a localscript, regardless of FE, that object will be destroyed on the server and other clients.

Not only is this inconsistent with all other replication behavior, it opens up big security risks. Exploiters can destroy and replace their humanoids locally, allowing them to become invincible since the server no longer sees a humanoid in their character.

Would be really nice if this could be changed so local destroy doesn’t replicate :grimacing:

71 Likes

This seems to be tied to Player.Character–if it’s the same thing on both the server and the client, then if that client destroys any of it’s descendants it will be automatically replicated.

…Can anyone think of why it’s like that? This is an exception so surely it exists because Roblox themselves needed it, but I can’t think of any reason they need it now.
My best guess is that it’s a relic from back when filtering was introduced. Or maybe it’s how they destroy your character when you leave a game. :scream:

4 Likes

Thanks for the request, I have filed this!

9 Likes