Detecting what face/side of a part is being touched

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    To be able to tell what side of a part is being touched by another part.
  2. What is the issue?
    I cant think of a valid way to use something like raycasting to find what side of a part is being hit. I know what surface normal is but there is a possible angle in which the wrong side of the part is hit by the raycast.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I have looked at Detecting what side a part is touching and got the raycast idea from there. I have also found How can you check what side of a part a player is touching which is where the problem with raycasting came up as a user pointed out. I have checked a few other posts in the forum and the first is the only one that offers a solution and its not valid in my case.
1 Like

Hello, it is actually impossible to make accurate, since you don’t know points of intersection, but you can try to compare each side’s position (Part.Position+Current_Normal) with hit part’s position and return the clossest side.

Thanks for the tip, Im going to try something like that, I’ll replay again if It works and ill post the script here since a lot of other people have had trouble with this.