Dev console server output timestamps are nonsensical

Timestamps in the dev console became nonsensical sometime in the past few days, always displaying somewhere in the range of 20:00:00. It’s affecting my game Starscape, but I see it in other places as well.

I seem to be able to reproduce the issue in every place I go to.

I’m using Windows 10 and I’m in the Pacific time zone.

19 Likes

We’re affected by this bug too. All the timestamps appear be around 10:00:00 to 10:00:02 with some random other times thrown in there.

Fingers crossed this is only affecting the logs and not the actual server timestamps.

1 Like

I’ve also noticed this in our games. All time stamps are around 20:00:00 for us, regardless of what time it was actually printed at. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

1 Like

Can also confirm this has been observed across all our games. Makes it quite difficult when time sensitive prints are needed.

1 Like

Also confirming, but displays around 18:00:00 plus a few seconds or so. I wonder if it has to do with timezones. I’m GMT-6. I hope that doesn’t count as personal information.

1 Like

This issue needs to be addressed and fixed. I’ve experienced this weeks ago and I’d expected it to be fixed by now. This is an incredibly annoying bug.

Release 443 was published just a few hours ago, and includes this:

I’m not entirely versed in this sort of stuff, but is this correct? I personally noticed OP’s bug for a while before this topic was made, so it’s possible it did in fact start happening in June. I’ll check a game and confirm.

1 Like

Forgot to follow up with myself.

No, release 443 doesn’t fix this as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Also having the same issue here

1 Like

I see 20:00 for PST and 18:00 for CST. That is exactly the time in UTC that these time zones reach noon!

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

2 Likes

Yes, it is still happening - all the time…

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. When there is info from the engineers i will pass it on.

1 Like

Are there any plans to fix this? Issue is occurring still, but it’s a little different from my original post. All of the following prints occurred within seconds of each other. Incredibly annoying issue when trying to read through server outputs in live games to debug certain issues.

2 Likes

Timestamps are still nonsense :frowning:

6 Likes

Please fix it already.

Game development is already hard enough please don’t make it harder for us to debug our games.

1 Like

This functionality is broken for both Client and Server

@MisterGreenTurtle @Hippie_ofDoom are there any plans to fix this in the near future?

I’m about to create my own DevConsole because of this bug, I’d prefer not do to that

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.