DevChat | Communicate using Roblox Studio

Yes, of course. It saves it in a Folder in ServerStorage. (The data is encoded)

I have another idea: Rich text. You can do **strong text** to make it bold, *emphasized text* be italic and ~~your text here~~ be strike-through and __your text here__ can be underlined and color can be whatever.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. In fact, it’s already enabled. Typing <b>YourTextHere</b> will display the text bold.

Thanks, I have a lot of great ideas! I will continue suggestion anymore if I have any!

1 Like

I have another idea: maybe make a box like Discord and have it so you can insert and image asset id or link, and it will embedded and it will show the image instead of the link.

1 Like

You could steal the function from my RichText module in my custom chat to do just that :flushed:

1 Like

Does this use roact?

:flushed: Nice. I might do that!

Yes. It’s written in Roblox-TS and Roact

1 Like

I love the idea of this plugin, but this is what turns me off from it. Why isn’t it saving the messages with plugin:SetSetting()? This can’t be moderated AFAIK.

It’s encoding the messages before saving, no worries. How are other people with the plugin supposed to see those messages, if they are saved with plugin:SetSetting()?

1 Like

Its like team create chat but better, cool!

1 Like

oh my god. yes. yes. yes. yes.

This is so much better than teamcreate. When I work with contractees or contractors, we’re almost exclusive on discord which clutters up my desktop like crazy. This is a fantastic fix to the awful tc.

2 Likes

You can send files? Example: Audio, Photos, Videos…

No. You can just send messages and images. The features of the plugin are:

1 Like

Ok, I’ll install it when I can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a benefit to me. I hate waiting forever just to upload a screenshot of something.

Well this is the only way to upload moderated images. It’s still a feature. Again I don’t care if you find it useful or not.

1 Like

I found a bug, when you click a button and you go back you see always the ´ Welcome to DevChat ´ screen.

Hmm the Welcome to DevChat page should normally only appear once. Looks like it somehow messed the saving of that. Do you have any error displayed in the output?