DevConsoleMaster errors by attempting to Disconnect a nil value

Starting recently, possibly today as that’s when players started reporting a possibly-related issue in my game, the developer console is now spamming errors about itself every second or half-second. This only happens in a live server. Additionally, the initial state of the developer console when it was first opened is kept rendered in the background of the dev console window.

5 Likes

I found a way to reproduce it, it always seems to happen when F9 is pressed twice on the same render frame. Easy to do if the game is loading or otherwise slowing down.

1 Like

Im also starting to get this error but now it is happening more often,
Not sure if its only something that I am doing alone though.

It mostly occurs when I update my game and play while it is still publishing

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like

The issue still occurring
(Same issue: Client-side Developer Console being spammed with errors - #8 by Hippie_ofDoom )

This issue is still occurring. I’m bumping this in part because I should also mention that it seems to happen if you try to open the console before it has loaded.

If I wait patiently for the Roblox loading screen to go away, and only press the dev console hotkey once, then the issue does not happen. But if I spam the F9 key then when the dev console eventually opens, this issue will be happening.

1 Like

Bumping this due to the fact that this is still happening, even when pressing F9 once only.

See Console Image

2 Likes