Developer Area in Roblox Experience Causes FORCES LOGOFF & DISABLES Player Inventory, Friend List, Groups, and Outfits

As of 25th June 2023 at 7:15 PM (UTC-3), mobile users are encountering a critical bug that prevents them from accessing complete developer details within Roblox experience group pages. This issue manifests as a forced logoff-style display, leading to the inability to view other players’ friend lists, player inventory, groups they are a part of, and the outfits they are currently wearing on their avatars.

Upon accessing a Roblox experience group page on the mobile app, users are met with a problematic behavior that hinders their ability to see the full details of the developer(s) responsible for creating the experience. Instead, the page exhibits a visual glitch that resembles a logoff event, giving the impression that the user has been disconnected from their Roblox account. Consequently, vital information such as friend lists, player inventories, group affiliations, and avatar outfits become inaccessible.

Reproduction Steps

1. Launch your Roblox application through any mobile device;
  2. Create/Log in to your Roblox account;
  3. Navigate to the Roblox Discover section;
  4. Select any experience developed under a group;
  5. Locate and tap on the Developer area within the group page.

Expected Behavior

Upon tapping on the Developer area in a Roblox experience group page, users should be able to view the complete details of the developer(s), including their friend list, player inventory, groups they are associated with, and the outfits they are currently wearing on their avatars.

Actual Behavior

Instead of displaying the expected developer details, a visual glitch occurs, resembling a logoff event. This glitch prevents users from accessing the aforementioned information, rendering it temporarily unavailable.

Workaround

Until this bug is resolved, users can follow the steps below to view the full profile of a friend who made the game and gather information about their inventory, groups, and avatar outfits:

1. Go to the “Connect” section of the Roblox mobile app;
  2. Tap on “Chat” to access the chat interface;
  3. Find and select the conversation with the friend who made the game;
  4. Tap on “Chat Details” in the top-right corner of the chat interface;
  5. From the chat details screen, select the friend’s profile;
  6. On the profile page, press “View Profile”;
  7. Under the friend’s name, locate and press the button “View Full Profile”.

This workaround allows users to bypass the glitched developer area and directly access the full profile of the friend who created the game. From there, users can gather the desired information related to their friend’s inventory, groups, and avatar outfits.

Issue Area: Mobile App
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-06-25 18:53:00 (UTC-3)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-06-25 19:15:00 (UTC-3)

10 Likes

Just a note that the CRITICAL (“ROBLOX CRITICAL”) tag is no longer in use - engineers will get round to stuff when they’re able to. This also doesn’t meet the criteria for “ROBLOX CRITICAL” as it’s a visual bug which doesn’t impact core site operations.

5 Likes

I have heard of people using the word “ROBLOX CRITICAL” but never knew that it contained criteria to have the name. Is it in one of the #bug-reports pinned topics? I will change the title likewise, although it is good to have a knowledge of this term to use in an appropriate context next time.

2 Likes

You might try reinstalling the Roblox app. I remember encountering this issue awhile back with the group LSPASH. Once I reinstalled the app, the group appeared as expected (my dark theme remained consistent). I think this issue is caused by something with the app data.

2 Likes

I did the following and it seemed to work but one area that shows a feeling that you log off is still there:

Either way if it is related to the app data, then I believe Roblox engineers should investigate further :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate.

2 Likes

The issue returned and this is being completely annoying. This need to be fixed because needing to reinstall over and over again is not an efficient workaround…

1 Like

The bug has returned and it has been pretty annoying so far.

CC: @christ0pherus

1 Like

Hey everyone - so sorry for the late response. Just pinged the team, we’ll try to get this fixed.

1 Like

This bug has returned within the new version of the Roblox application.

Yikes, ok, I pinged the team. Hang tight.

1 Like

Seems to be an iOS only issue? Since I can’t reproduce it on Android. Well at least this post should lighten the workload of the staffs out there…
Edit: Nevermind just noticed the Play Store updated Roblox 2 hours ago, right before I posted this. But yesterday I haven’t encountered the developer page issue either.

Thank you @music_man1996!

For further information, this is happening in my device iPhone XR within the latest version of the Roblox application and specifically, the group “sportv”:

@music_man1996 The issue is now spreading to another group called Realink:

Issue is occurring in the Roblox App:

• Version: 2.600.713 (bba4fe)
  • Client-CoreScript-Version: 5345954812.7666
  • Channel: zflag

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue. Can you check if you are seeing the bug on another phone? That will help us determine if it’s potentially related to your account or your device.

1 Like

I’m not the OP, but I can confirm that this issue is still occurring and is not limited to one device or user.

Specs

Additional Information

• A user can reinstall the app to fix the issue temporarily, but it will reoccur after a period of time.
  • The affected developers/groups appear to be random. To reproduce, I would suggest trying multiple experiences until it occurs.
  • If a user encounters this issue, stays on the developer area, and exits the app, there is a chance that they will be signed out the next time they open the app.
1 Like

Hello @JuanGamerPlayz_RBLX, would you be able to replicate this and check if you’ve received any network responses with a status code 401? In addition, are you able to replicate this in any other parts of the app, or only via this specific navigation? Thank you for the details!

2 Likes

Responding to both @lm_gameon and @gritloo:

@gritloo

I have tested in another phone device, Motorola Moto G200, and the groups I have mentioned did not appeared with this issue…

@lm_gameon

Hey @lm_gameon! How are you?

I am not sure how am I going to check it this network response in a phone device…

Furthermore, I remembered that I tested in the Roblox Universal App in my computer and it worked fine… On my iPhone is where it is having this consistent issue :melting_face:

Any updates, @lm_gameon? This is still happening, even with the new Roblox App Version 2.605.660 (6628c6) - Channel: production.

@lm_gameon Bumping to let you know that the bug still persists with the Roblox updates.