Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

Ah, okay. All I’m really trying to get at here is what people like @H_Baguette and @ElijahDev1 have said - roblox is kind of just saying ‘Hey, you make us money! Here’s a few toys to show our appreciation.’

Visits can also be bottled, although it would be kind of hard to pull off a scam at that extent.

Yeah, it should be based off of visits/impact as well as quality. Quality is important.

1 Like

Well for Roblox, all that matters is making money. (Most of the time)

only problem with basing this off of quality is your gonna have a ton of small developers send in submissions for games. this should be an automatable system, but an automatable system that is based off of visits or something, not robux earned

True, and for big companies like Roblox making money is important to survive and thrive.

3 Likes

I get it, Roblox is a business, they need to make money, but come on.
They could at least try and pretend that’s not all they care about right now.

4 Likes

Yeah, but if they cared a ton about us developers as much as we think they do, I think they’d have a pretty large team working through those submissions.

1 Like

While I do appreciate the fact that developers will be rewarded for their efforts, similar to content creators on YouTube, the requirements for this first phase seems ridiculously high. To be completely honest, this just seems like developers that are on the front page are being rewarded for being popular.

1 Like

they’re a business 0ther. it wouldnt be profitable and for that factor they would never do that. like their supposed ‘human moderation’

Yes but then Roblox moderators would have to review each and every game and rate the game’s quality. And even then, all moderators have different opinions, so one moderator might say that a game was “the best ever”, while another moderator may say that it was “the worst ever”.

Also @ElijahDev1 there’s people taking time to look through potential video stars’ videos.

Oh god, here comes the controversy
40M+ For a backpack full of socks, and over random studio stuff,
you can get this for like 90$ lol.

“Thanks for realesing this”

1 Like

well It’s gonna be quite a lot of work but I feel like it’s pretty cool fo 40M Robux but I feel like it should be like 10M but that’s Probibaly just because I’m a pretty small developer

if your earning 10m as a small dev thats insane

2 Likes

I’m no game developer by any means, but seriously? You give Youtubers so many perks for free and what do you give developers? This over-priced bag. Why don’t you give developers some perks that you give Youtubers, as they are the backbone of the platform, they are the ones that makes the games that Youtubers play, and those games attract more people to Roblox. What do Youtubers do besides making videos on their games? Nothing.

1 Like

It shouldn’t even be 10 million if it’s robux. If it is robux though, 500k-1 million sounds reasonable enough. But even then the reward should be something besides some totes.

1 Like

Remember how when people pre-ordered the Fallout 76 Power Armour Edition, which cost >$100USD, all they really got was an industry-standard bottle of bad rum and a flimsy nylon bag?

Yeah, this feels like that.

1 Like

maybe a ‘golden’ roblox logo statue would be cool as a reward. a backpack and stuff isnt even worth working for lol

2 Likes

I don’t only like 35 Robux I would definitely say 10M is no small amount

1 Like