Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

To be completely honest with everyone, I think we have all started complaining a little too much. In my opinion, it seems that Roblox has noticed that many developers are unhappy with the difference in treatment between developers and You-tubers. They are trying to fix this issue, and while the requirement is a bit high in my opinion (10 million robux seems more appropriate), Roblox is trying to do the right thing. We should all applaud Roblox for what they are doing.

2 Likes

Intro:

So pretty much I’ve been watching this from the sidelines and noticed a lot of mixed feelings; so I’ve decided to give my view on these gifts…

Thoughts:

So this is a gift, for many years this has never happened and I’m glad Roblox is doing something like this. This is very similar to other sites like YouTube with subscribers and at no point do you have to accept the award. Companies like these do make money off of you, but that doesn’t mean they need to give you stuff beyond your cut.

I do really like the idea of some sort of acknowledgement, but the 140 USD / 40 Million Robux is awful high seeing as just one DevEx of 100K would return Roblox’s profit for making these items, shipping them, etc. I don’t think they should be used to “satisfy” Developers in how they’re being treated against Star Program users. It’s not like we’re automatically given UGC (Not saying that should be a thing just confused why Star Program users get it even though most can’t make anything.) to then further our earnings as well as bringing more content into Roblox.

Thoughts on amount:

I think it should be a bit more accessible seeing as they make their money back after the smallest DevEx rates. Something like 10 million Robux, yeah it’s a lot to small Devs but it’s not out of the realm for serious Devs where Roblox is their job. I don’t know, but it’s up to the staff team to decide but I do like their generosity.

4 Likes

Might be a much better price, but it shouldn’t be based off of money made. Like video stars, it should be based mainly on impact and the engagement of people interacting with your content.

3 Likes

A lot of people’s arguments for this is that it’s a nice gift and I get that, but a nice gift that how many people will appreciate? Well lets just say not very many. Also, why is about the money you make? Is Roblox rewarding you for being a hard working developer or for being a profit source? Yeah I get that making it about likes/dislikes or visits would allow bots, but I’m assuming this would be manually checked over before distribution. Make it a high threshold, maybe. Make it about rewarding people for making you money, NO.

3 Likes

question is this total robux or just robux after the cut and also does this include premium payouts

2 Likes

I get that, but that’s Star Program members job. However, we’re here to make the games and I feel like if it weren’t money it should be game achievements like 100 Million+ plays.

2 Likes

thoughts on people who are saying it should be 10m robux: it shouldnt be based on robux at all lol. its totally unfair to the non pay to win developers who are working extremely hard to make high quality games on roblox for the enjoyment of others.

roblox: hey lets reward developers with some really cool clothing!
non pay to win developer: horra- roblox: you must have earned fourty million robux!

3 Likes

Well, there could be different requirements for different rewards. I just don’t think a requirement for any of them should be robux.

3 Likes

Very excited to put as many paywalls as possible in my game so I can bag myself a genuine screen-print Roblox sock (You need another 40M for the other sock, obviously).

4 Likes

Ah yes, make it where they need to pay 1000 robux to even join your game, that should make it to 40M+ in no time

1 Like

After reading a lot of these posts, I have seen many people say that 40 million robux is too high. Some say 10 million robux is the perfect amount. Others have different opinions. So to help clear up this dilemma, I have decided to start a poll.

• 40 million robux
  • 10 million robux
  • Other

0 voters

Note: If you voted “Other” please specify your preferred requirement in a reply.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be about how much Robux you make @Dev_JayR

3 Likes

it shouldnt be an amount. it should be based on visits, or if it is an amount, have it be like 100k, so you dont have to make your game pay to win

edit: even if they do make it so its for 100k, roblox is still make absurd amounts of profit

2 Likes

That is also what I have seen many people say. Some say that it should be based off visits. But let’s face it, visits are not going to make Roblox a profit.

2 Likes

Accidentally voted 10 million, changing it to other by replying. Shouldn’t be based on robux at all.

You have got to be kidding. There are so many amazing games i’ve seen that don’t make 140k USD because game discovery on Roblox is trash. So unless u get extremely lucky, you probably won’t ever see this in your front porch. Additionally, If you’re that successful on roblox, you probably wont even care about a couple of socks.

4 Likes

oops, I did the wrong one.

Anyway, let’s not forget that in the process of earning the required bobux, you earn roblox over half a million dollars :eyes:

2 Likes

Then you are saying that it should be based off of visits? If so, please refer to my other reply.

1 Like

The max I got was 5 million robux, and I got LUCKY last year because of simulators making BANK. I would quit my job if I made 40 million robux annually.

Don’t they get a hell ton of money from Robux? Why do they need to do this?

1 Like