Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

I’m sure DevRel will ask for your size before they send you your gift.

2 Likes

I feel as if it should at LEAST be visits, not robux earned. I think it should be around 5 million visits, so developers have a goal and not a given up hope. Also, another Q:A if your game is inside of a group will the swag bag be given out to all of the developers or just the owner of the group? Also please keep in mind 40m robux is an insane amount and is only nearly 1/3 of the richest roblox player (linkmon99) (he might not be I don’t really care I’m using him as an example because last time I checked his value he had like 110m) even though most developers that are super big dev ex their robux, 40m is an insane amount and I don’t agree with this especially as only tier 1, what’s the next one going to be?? 100m?? And then 1B? I honestly think that even though there are many developers that will receive this, maybe 100. But considering there is 2B people on the platform that certainly is NOT many. And here we go back to the tiers thing, maybe 100 people will get the tier 1, but if you raise the stats even more for tier 2 maybe 25 will make it, then when you get to the final tier MAYBE 5-10. Once again roblox is setting the stats for this WAY to high. Especially since it might be 200$ worth of gear. My proposal for this would be

Tier 1: An invite to a developer group with the top developers, (the creators have one so why not us?) this will give you premium every month, the benefits but not the extra robux. All the gear, and extra benefits like being close to the staff team for bugs, suggestions (device bans for example) maybe another benefit would be a tier 1 badge? Maybe a classic wrench, but blue.

Tier 2: all of the same benefits from tier 1, but a new ranking in the group. Also the classic wrench would be Orange and 2 wrenches crossing without the middle connector like on the roblox Hoodies on the back.

Tier 3: same as tier 2 (different ranking) and classic wrench but the same as the ones on the back of the roblox hoodies.

The only reason that it would not be the hammer, aka the ones that are in games, would be because on the player list if the owner of the game and someone in the program is in the game players would get confused.

Thank you so much for listening to my suggestions, please reply to this for a comment on my suggestions, example, a change. Please heart this reply if you truly do agree with everything I said in this. Just so that the staff can see this.

5 Likes

Ngl, my goal in life isn’t to make $140,000 dollars to earn some crusty old socks.

9 Likes

for some reason i can relate, i dont know why though…
oh right its because my lifes goals arent to make a pay to win game and try to win socks and a backpack

4 Likes

I think you are missing the point of this entire post… The whole point is that Roblox is going above and beyond for us developers. They are already paying us for our work via robux and DevEx. This is just a bonus gift that they don’t even need to give us.

3 Likes

*they are giving us %70 of the robux we make then giving us %30 of that robuxs value for usd… hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure the guys making enough disposable income in one year to pay off my entire student debt in one fell swoop are gonna be real appreciative of a fifty dollar backpack.

2 Likes

Is it a possibility that you may be able to purchase these items in the future?

thats not the point of this whole thing though

Again, I think people here are missing the point… These items that Roblox is gifting us are collector’s items, which, while they can be used on a daily basis, they are not meant for it. Of course Roblox knows that someone making 140k USD aren’t going to need some socks, which brings me back to my point, this is a gift.

they arent gifting us anything! they are giving the richest of people a prize for being rich and only for being rich

1 Like

You’re right, there’s gonna be so many collectors spam-refreshing EBay in twenty years’ time trying to get their hands on a pair of Roblox socks.

1 Like

I know… but for those that just don’t meet the requirements but still would want it. As I said is it a possibility, because I would purchase some of this stuff, if I were able to buy it.

Oh sweet! this is an great stuff for developers! thank you roblox! :wink:

1 Like

also on the socks why are there tix

are tix coming back?

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

Now that you mention it, I am a bit intrigued as well…

2 Likes

No, they were being abused too much before. I think Roblox must just know their audience too well.
:tickets: = :heart:

1 Like

140 thousand dollars is way too much just for a swag bag filled with just roblox developer merchandise. This system should definitely be different, since this, like many other people are saying, is un-proportional when it comes to what you get awarded. To be honest, I would rather have Roblox Developers flairs or/and a special roblox developer group instead of merchandise.

You can do better than this.

3 Likes

First off I love the idea of developer rewards. The “swag bag” looks cool. The contents are very cool and nice. The hoodie has got to be my fav. But 140,000 USD? For some products that cost like what, 100 bucks? 40 million robux is an INSANELY high bar and most people can even devex once. Sure I believe it’s the best way to award these prizes from the amount of money but…140,000 USD? That’s more than some Google employee salaries. My final statement is that this is a great idea but lower the 40 million robux, no one is going to get this “swag bag”.

Edit: The top developers making this amount of money won’t care about these small awards when they can buy custom developer merch THEMSELVES for their OWN GAME. The smaller to mid-size developers will love this so please reconsider that forty million bar.

3 Likes

I completely agree with everything you stated. The merchandise themselves are very cool. However, the requirement to get them is insane in my opinion. 10 million robux seems a bit more realistic.