Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

image wot if

8 Likes

I completely agree, the rewards aren’t even that bad or anything, what’s bad is the requirements. 40 million Robux is a pretty high standard. As a comparison, YouTube gives channels a reward based off subscribers (100k, 1mil, etc), not revenue. That’s my only complaint honestly.

Edit: Giving them the devils advocate, they’re just starting with this program and may have a bit higher expectations then most people would have.

2 Likes

Time to start making robux, I need that cap.

3 Likes

I really want some of that ROBLOX merch
it looks sick.I better implement for game passes/ dev products in my cafe and other games.And I’ll start doing commissions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks i hate it.

Seriously though, I’m just gonna bash home the point of just how much 40M R$ actually is.

• A developer makes 70% of the Robux made from a sale
  • This developer has a gamepass in the game for 1,000R$

The developer would make 700R$ from each purchase of the gamepass, requiring 57,143 sales of that gamepass to hit the 40M threshold, to put that into perspective, that’s 156.55 sales per day (to hit it in 365 days), and unless you have serious fans, you’re not going to be selling that many gamepasses.

(yes i know devs have cheaper options i was just trying to visualise how much 40M is)

1 Like

It’s good to see Roblox implement something to appreciate what we work on for days, months and years together. However, EARNING 140k USD?! This is something I’d say is a ridiculously high threshold, and if you’d listen to me should be lowered, nevertheless, something is better than nothing.

Dear god, I need to have $140K just for some socks, a backpack, a hat and other stuff, to me, this is totally not worth it. The treatment of the platform is unfair, star creators are treated better than developers that constantly work on games. Without developers, ROBLOX would not exist.

The only reason I don’t think comparing a YT playbutton to some Roblox merch, is that the playbutton is a huge symbol. You have a gold, silver, any playbutton, it’s seen as a huge achievement and people respect you. Some socks with the Roblox logo on it…

1 Like

Ok. I see only the most successful devs will get FIRST award. Think about it how much money you will need to gain for other 2 awards, it will be probably impossible. Also what is the point of getting socks, sweatshirt, etc… if you need to gain 140k USD dollars. At that point I think you can afford those items yourself. There is just no point giving already very successful and rich devs items for free and ignoring small devs that are as important as those big ones. Also you should change from how much money you get to how much visits/likes/favourites you get. It would be fair, if we compare to youtube this “could” be like silver play button. But because youtube subscribers is harder to get than visits let’s say 1M visits of your/your groups game and if only you are dev you get award/but if there is whole team working on game every and each of them gets award. Please change this.

Honestly, in my opinion giving clothes for this is not a good idea. Seeing what reputation roblox has, if you were seen these clothes you would simply get laughed at because you play a “kids game”. Also, as many people mentioned, 140k USD is a bit too high requirement.

1 Like

Star Developers: Got To Play Roblox With Lil Nas X on a live event
Roblox Developers: gUyS i GoT SoCkS

So um yeah, great approach, wrong idea. Do you really think people who have made $140 000 USD are gonna wanna flex their merch from a game for kids? Man, most devs who even make a bit of USD are like 14+ and even at that age you ain’t gonna flex your Roblox sOcKs.

YouTubers literally record themselves having fun on a game, make a few jokes then boom. They blow up and get to play with stars like Lil Nas X as well as getting a star code and all that stuff.

My idea

First of all lower the requirement. If we don’t lower the requirement, then this post was pretty just for the front page game devs, and not the Devforum. I guess a good requirement should be to get 5000+ players on a game at once or even 10 000. This is a do able goal for people on the Devforum and I’m sure most people will be to gather the effort to achieve this.

Next, you should improve the award. Bro if you’re rich enough to make 140k of a kids game, you’re gonna be wearing like some gucci socks or something and a nike hood. I suggest making some sort of role for developers that displays them as a proper developer.
For example, the developer role should be like the premium role that displays you in game. Now that I’m sure people would like to see. Some fame on the platform would be nice. The role could also have a bunch of special benefits, but I’ll leave them up to you.

Us developers have made the platform what it is today, thank you for acknowledging us, but you got the wrong idea. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

“If you want to get a cool shirt and socks, we need to have paid you hundreds of thousands of dollars from robux.”

I feel like since we are only getting a bit of clothing and other accessories for making 140K USD on ROBLOX, this seems so unrewarding.

I mean I appreciate the gesture but if I ever do get 140K USD in robux, I sure wouldn’t want a few small goodies.

Perhaps since Roblox tends to market the Robux logo with Gold colors, you should give us a sort of big trophy with a golden robux logo on it. Sort of similar to the Youtube Play Button. The only problem is costwise.

Im glad this is being counted via robux, but the price makes my smile go away.
140.000$ for just a bag is insane.

The game that i work on cant be converted to a group game, so if this were to be an automated process which does not count via robux earned, i wouldn’t have had a single chance on getting one of these items, even though i am the only person who works on the game which is stuck to someone else his profile.

40M robux is something people will probably get after 10 years of mass earning on roblox, i think it should definitely be lowered by a lot.

50M should be for a GOLD ROBLOX 3D ICON. Like youtubes (afaik)

An Important Thing
Roblox will be asking sizes for socks and hoodie, right?

4 Likes

So let’s get this strait I need $140,000, a whole dng salary in order to get a bag with Amazon stuff. My roblox salary is typically 200k and 40M- I-

uuuh m8 they are doing it based on how much money u make cuz when u dev ex they take a certain % from what you get when the taxes that they took reaches a certain amount they give you this
all of this is done to avoid loss basically they are buying u gifts with the taxes they took from u that too a small portion of that tax

P.S: How could u not consider that lit jacket m8

2 Likes

LowKey everyone: asks to reduce the 140k usd required for this thing
roblox: ignores literally every single comment
Honestly man excuse me if it seems as though I am raging but I doubt that this swag bag set would be worth anything for collecting upto 40mil robux like wth smh bruh like even dev utubers dont have this much ya know this is honeslty a disgusting attempt to the devs arent rewarded enough problem

to fix this here are some Really Helpful things you could do-
1.Lower The 40 mil srsly
2. for the % that u cut off during dev-ex keep it low for new devs m8 like srsly (gradually increase this)
3.Maybe allow us to do apply for ugc once we have dev exed a certain amount of times (and maybe not keep it that hard to enter it like u dont need to be super skilled and super efficient at making it)
4.maybe change the awards to something more interesting (and more easier to flex it) like some ring or smthg cause the sucks are :uhh:

Yes. Roblox asks for size in the survey.