Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

next reward: a genuine roblox dominus you cant breathe in while wearing, just for an ‘average’ milestone of one billion visits
third reward: genuine roblox gloves that you can use anywhere except they have no use, and you must get one million concurrent players in your game to earn this, which we would say is pretty average.

^this is accurate

1 Like

The idea of Developer Awards is good since before but for 40 million robux? Not many people make that money unless you have a top earning game. Maybe 10k-100k around that for start? Then 40 million robux at last?
Also question: If spam bots get up to the front page, will the robux in under review?

why cant you make it so small developers who hardly earn something get these things, its literally 40M+ lifetime robux so only the most famous developers can get this and not developers who work hard on their games and hardly earn anything, to be in star program you need to be a known youtuber so rewards that people get from roblox are only for famous people? i hate to say this but this method is terrible you are making it so money is success when its not, star creators get to play with lil nas x and developers get socks? we spent days making our games for socks? im not sending hate to the star creators since its not their fault

3 Likes

Ture, I try my hardest but no one see it. I think small developers should have a chance too.

This makes us smaller developers look non existent.

1 Like

In my experience there are many developers that are older then 14 or 16, granted most developers are young, some what between 12-16. And also remember this is a gift.

we know its a gift but the thing’s that star creators get “gifts” like a trophy for reaching a specific amount of followers, they get a shiny star next to their name they get to play with a celebrity
and developers get socks, we get no shiny star next to our name, we dont get to play with a celebrity, and we dont get a trophy instead we get socks a thing you can get on amazon or any store for less than 10$ and once winter is over they are no use we will wear them over our shoes but whats the point in that if you cant see them and also star creators get noticed by roblox and developers dont

1 Like

Yes that is true. I agree with you that the awards are not easily compared to the people in the star program. And I do think the think is very high, but it seems this is for large developers such as the developers for adopt me, jailbreak, phantom forces, etc. But it is better then nothing, because the stuff actually looks really cool. Btw I am pretty sure there is going to be a trophy:image

Also one more thing, developers might not get noticed because they player base doesn’t care, I don’t go look at who made the games I play, and I think other don’t either

1 Like

trophy is going to be made out of plastic and I bet you they’ll ask for an average amount of 1 trillion vistis earned

to be honest, i agree with you but if star creators had “fair” gifts this wont be happening every roblox developer will actually thank roblox for this but they dont have fair gifts, all i want is a fair gift and not something like socks

but atleast they get a trophy with their name on it we dont want socks meanwhile star creators get trophies etc. if star creators had gifts like us i would be happy that roblox is doing a good job at being fair and putting out a word for developers, i still appreciate how roblox is doing this for us but for 40M+ robux thats ridiculous

There are very few games with a trillion visits, if any. So it would not be 1 trillion, most likely 1 billion. And I don’t think it would be plastic, since the 100k followers award seems to be made of metal.
Edit: Adopt me doesn’t even have 1 trillion visits, not even 1/4 of a trillion.

$140k USD is $182k CAD

That’s more than the average working person makes in a year in my province, which is around $134k CAD, and this is before taxes. And all that is worth is just $100 at the best worth of goodies.

And the fact this is based around the $$$ you earn, not the community impact you make, or the respect you gain. You don’t get the Golden Play button because you have a million subscribers, you get it because of the impact you have on the community, alongside the number of concurrent watchers you have, and don’t think 1m subscribers is easy to reach either, I’ve spent nearly two years of constant uploading and activity on my channel, and all that earned was 170 subscribers and 1k views on my best-performed video. The concept ROBLOX has here is good, but the execution is horrible.

1 Like

Despite my unfunny joke, here’s my honest opinion.

Roblox is taking more consideration into the work that developers put into their games, which is most definitely (as someone else said) a step in the right direction.

And yes, your everyday developer can’t make $140,000. I think this is their first time doing developer awards, and they will definitely improve. All in all, good luck to those who want to participate. I think this event will go just fine!

1 Like

I feel that you shouldn’t be awarded off of how much you earn, especially since 40M lifetime robux is a ton and not all games make profit the same way making it a lot more difficult for others. I think the goal should be concurrent players or total visits.

:robux:40m??? Do you know how high that is? The swag bags probably cost $100US, and :robux:40m is about, (lets see, .0125 times 4 mil…) five hundred grand. make it something easier, like, probably :robux:1m.

This is meant to be a little “thank you” reward for big developers and their impact on Roblox.

I totally agree that they should lower the bar, but at the same time, it’s not meant to something for you to drive to work for. It is literally just an attempt by Roblox to thank their hard-working developers.

1 Like

average hard working developer: i want to make a good game
roblox: we are going to give hard working developers making high quality games a great reward
average developer: horra-
roblox: this reward is based on the amount of money you can extract from children

1 Like

thats what i’m saying, rewards based on getting money from kids, if someone even gets thoes item he will feel guilty cause he got it from kids money

Why? That isn’t an indication of how good a game is.