Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

Their hard-working developers who’ve got the art of wringing money out of children down to a science, I think you mean. Hard-working developers who don’t cram microtransactions into every aspect of their game aren’t going to earn anywhere near this much.

100%. As a group and game creator, my own goals and achievements are not based on revenue but visits and group members. Many developers don’t focus just on selling and making money, but making a community and a player base, and a great experience for users.

Really good plan to maybe balance the star creator program to the developer awards.

Once phase 1 is done in the next phase do developers who just got in the developer awards get phase’s one and two items?

My only issue with is the amount of robux needed to get in this. It’s not like small developers would get over a million robux in a week unlike famous games like adopt me , piggy , jailbreak , etc.

Also wondering about people using bots to boost their game to get robux. Do you need a certain amount of days in roblox to get the developer awards?

Over all this could be a really good update when executed!

1 Like

This was supposed to motivate Developers. But instead, this has motivated Developers to prioritize money over quality.

It’s a backpack, hat, and a few socks, I don’t know many small developers that’d be motivated enough to make $140,000 for that.

You really think developers are gonna make low quality games for that?

So Roblox…what your telling me is I have to make what the platform is today and pay you tens of thousands of dollars to you and we get some socks, a hoodie, backpack, and some I’m not sure so safe Witches Brew. Meanwhile star creators get access to UGC catalog, endorsment by Roblox and so many other perks while we have to get 140,000 USD to get a swag bag? Love the idea and all but… lower the 40 mil.

1 Like

What you’re saying isn’t entirely true.

If you dislike a game, chances are you won’t buy anything in it. So the game must be at least appealing enough to get people to like it. The more enjoyment people get out of a game, the more they want to spend. Also, don’t forget it’s not all about gamepasses. Some games have an upfront price to pay, and Premium Payouts are basically free money from Premium users playing your game.

Now the part where you are right:

Some devs do put characters such as Piggy into their games to lure children in. However, these games aren’t making 140K USD a year.

I never said they wouldn’t earn ANY money, I said they wouldn’t earn anywhere near 40M.
And there’s a depressing amount of people who will spend a lot on microtransactions just so they can get the best gear, even if they’re not THAT into the game. Especially younger kids.

I’d like to know where you got this figure from.

1 Like

What they should do is sell it exclusively to developers for a limited time.

I disagree with this statement. If Roblox sells these items exclusively for a limited time, almost every Roblox developer out there would buy the items, thus reducing the value of the items.

There is a LOT of posts to look through so sorry if this was already answered. But if the game that I am a developer for is owned by a group and the game itself has earned 40M+, would I, as a developer of said game but not as the owner, get a reward?

2 Likes

Game quality does not equal revenue @Spagetti_07.

If your game is low quality but is popular, and lets say timmy loves your game and wants to spent money, but his parents say no.
but, what if daniel kid plays your game and really HATES it, but he feels pressured into buying something because your monetization is so tempting, and he has the money to buy stuff
then daniel kid buys something

this is one example of quality not equaling revenue.
also, timmy got stuck in a well

edit: this might not be the best example but i tried my best to explain it

1 Like

im pretty sure if someone has already made 140k usd wouldnt want those items and can buy them maybe do a milestone of 10m visit something that more doable cause les than 0.01 percent of developers could even get 40m robux lifetime

I did not state quality. Please read my post again.

Even though this does happen, and it does happen somewhat often, the majority or people in their right mind would leave if they disliked the game, not buy stuff. Most people leave a game if they feel pressured.

1 Like

Im guessing about 1k developers are making 140k+ US dollars on roblox :neutral_face:

Everybody who says the milestone is too high. Roblox probably doesn’t have enough money to produce these for lets say something like, 8 million developers who got 100k. Cool bag though, can’t wait to see what you guys come up with next.

It’ll be cool if there are different stages of rewards similar to YouTube. For example, if you made 10k USD, you get a small award, 50k, another. YouTube gives the silver play button at 100k subs which could translate to around 15k USD, 1m subs which could be around 150k, etc… A reward, even a small one could be great for smaller creators that make maybe 20k a year.

4 Likes

14k USD for a couple of clothing, a backpack and a drink.
The thing is, we want awards or something for small developers, so more unknown builders and scripters get recognition towards the community, This is not a good step towards what developers want.

2 Likes

Just like I said before they havent replied to even a single reply probs cuz they are overwhelmed by the amount of messages lets just add likes to the most liked message instead of replying on our own