Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

“Bonus gift”
Developers were expecting some perks that Youtubers get, not this bully fuel

3 Likes

@vintament I don’t even think it SHOULD be a gift in real life as a lot of developers are in high school or college and if someone wore that to school, they’ll 100% get harassed non-stop

I think It will be a long time before I get a swag bag :sweat_smile: ( I really want one.)

But then you can tell the bullies that you made more USD in a year then they’ll make in their entire lifetime.

Plus, you can poison them with the Witches Brew… ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 Likes

In my opinion, this is a great start for thanking developers for their hard work; however, if it starts at requiring 40M Robux, I am curious to see what the other stages will require.

I don’t think a developer’s contribution to the Roblox platform should be measured in the amount of money they make, but rather from, for example, place visits, thumbs up, favorites, etc.

I’m pretty sure that someone that earnt over 140K can buy his own socks.
But 40,000,000 million robux which is equivalent to 140,000$+, seems pretty high. I dont think it’s a good incentive for developers to work on their games.
Anyways finally Developers will also be getting some awards like youtubers do, even if they get more that’s what I think, pretty unproportional.

3 Likes

$100 worth of stuff? The Bloxy cola socks are easily worth around $2000 on their own. Its like the lamborghini of socks

If I were to ever make $140K, I’ll definitely make sure to auction it off for $200K.

stonks

2 Likes

Looks cool! But honestly, why are people getting mad over this? It’s just a little thing to celebrate a achievement.

: P

Ehhhh, those can be easily botted. Roblox is pretty good with thinking ahead in some cases.

We’re giving feedback and/or constructive criticism.

I’m sorry, what? This program is far more than free, even if you’ve managed to meet the requirements.

Successful can mean a handful of things? Please be more specific.

2 Likes

They’ll most likely not believe you

I absolutely agree with this I just hate we have to have 40M robux

Actually only roughly around 300 have made this much.

Show them the DevForum post them convert the value of R$ to USD.

That was meant to be a joke.

“Bully fuel” is not really a valid reason to throw this under the bus. That’s the least of everyone’s worries.

Bully fuel is a reason for me personally, but what I really have a problem is why do Youtubers get so much stuff, yet developers get only this when they get 40M+ lifetime robux?

YouTubers get a plastic play button…

I meant on here, not on Youtube

We’ll never know… but the program isn’t over.

With this being the first stage, I have little to no hope to the next stages