Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

I agree with this, but make the goal something other than money. Only the most popular developers will earn this much money.

1 Like

I think the requirements are ok for now
There will be at least 100 developers receiving this just like how many people are in the star group and I believe that there are also many small YouTubers working hard to get into the star program so we developers should do the same.

4 Likes

So many people are complaining about how hard it is to get. I am happy with how hard it is because now if u see someone with the merch u know they are a fellow big dev. It is supposed to be exclusive not for small devs. You could get this with a few games and a bit of time which any dev who wants to be a dev full time can get.
Just my thoughts,
Supertestsubject

1 Like

Prizes for developers, awesome! But not for how much the game has impacted ROBLOX, no. For how much money ROBLOX got from the game, only to give developers who spent years working on a game that made so much money, a hoodie, socks, a hat, a bag, and some drink labeled witches brew. Which at max cost 10,000 USD! Consider lowering the bar. Don’t get me wrong, great idea, poorly executed.

1 Like

I think a lot of people here are forgetting that if you make 40m robux, you still have 40M Robux, AKA 140k USD. The bag is not your reward, it is a token. That being said, the token does seem a little disproportionate. I feel like somewhere around 1-10 million would be good.

1 Like

Uhm, this is just a reward for reaching a goal. There is nothing more you have to do; just a achievement.

Lets say you said this to Youtube’s reward system;

90 dollar award isn’t equal to 14000 earned!

Now see where you are wrong?

It’s just a little prize a gift just something to celebrate. There are no extra steps; roblox never had to do this. Please understand that. I don’t think any devs would be mad about a gift they get, it’s just a little personal award from roblox. You don’t have to get it, you don’t need to get it.

2 Likes

Cool. Let me just whip out 40,000,000 Robux. I really want those cool, not boring at all socks!

2 Likes

yes, i know right its just 140k dollars, whats wrong with that?

1 Like

They aren’t even only taking 70% THEY ALSO TAKE 65% EXTRA ON DEVEX THAT COMES ON A TOTAL OF ~= 85% WE ARE ONLY GETTING 15% and ofcourse, roblox pays for everything and we don’t need a starter budget but still… MAKING PLAYERS SPENT 56 MILLION ROBUX ON THOSE GAMES JUST FOR SOME (extremely awesome and I really want it) STUFF ??

1 Like

If you that were to ever happen, then you deserve the items.

2 Likes

Oh my god. It isn’t NEEDED; stop acting like this.

You are not being forced to reach 40M; this is just a additional prize; aka a little thing on top of this achievement. Nowhere is it stating you need to reach this prize.

3 Likes

They are supposed to the star creators get s many things from roblox while we dont even get perms to make our custom ugc

2 Likes

Instead of 40M robux requirement I suggest you make it 1-100M visits as well as 1M-10M robux made as the requirement.

3 Likes

Yes! Giving free stuff to extremely wealthy successful developers is an amazing idea, infact the best idea roblox has ever made! Meanwhile payout percentages are 100% bugged and developers arent being paid properly! 10/10 effort, roblox team!

4 Likes

I agree; I don’t get why there’s so much backlash. It’s just really nice of them.

1 Like

I would prefer more % of developer earnings like 30% is lost during sales and another 600$ on the cashout :smile: and lower Developer Exchange requirements instead of 100k robux you should cash out 10k at least minimum. About the bag smaller developers should be rewarded too.

1 Like

It’s only 40M robux for this phase, don’t worry about it the prizes are cool but not worth complaining for.

Q: Will the future Phases of Developer Awards be based on Lifetime Robux earned, too?
A: No, the future Phases will be awarded based on different metrics.

They could change the prizes next year and the threshold, just wait this out.

1 Like

Very good step in the right direction, bad way to reward.

2 Likes

Idea sounds great, but getting developer awards only because of Robux? That can mean a clothing designer can get developer merch, when the designer never developed a game. It’s better if we can earn them by player counts?

1 Like

it’s a shame i won’t be able to wear this out in public

1 Like