Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

How about RDC? You can atleast wear the jacket, or backpack.

1 Like

I agree here. However, visits would mean people who work in groups get left out, so it might not work. However, I agree, money should not mean that somebody will get praised.

That being said, why would Roblox not congratulate these people? After, they’ve brought in millions of dollars in revenue, so they want to keep on pushing them to make more.

2 Likes

I highly doubt that a 140K USD from Roblox without a single game, but honestly, if that happens, nothing wrong with night school, right?

1 Like

I’ve heard Roblox mentioned that a bot would be controlling all of these? So it is possible to get awards just by buying robux or selling clothes for it.

1 Like

I have no doubt that clothes will be included in terms of lifetime revenue. However, I have never heard of someone making 140K USD from just selling shirts, that’s all that I was saying.

2 Likes

Ah okay, but DevEx is a thing, you know?

1 Like

You are paying your developers, not roblox :slight_smile:. If any of you get at least 40 million robux that were not bought, it will give you ability to get a bag.

1 Like

40M $Robux = $140k USD.
Last I Remember Roblox gets about 3x the USD than we get back through DevEx.
(From Normal Robux Purchasing)

So they earn $420,000 from our game, and Our “Award” is maybe $100 of Merch, that If I wanted I would have bought with the $120,000 I already received.

I feel the current award would make more sense when you hit 500k or 1M Robux. (You’ve earned ROBLOX 5.25/10.5K USD or 1.75/3.5K Yourself)

40M Sounds like where you should get your avatar to be on toys. Or at least something personalized, not generic merch.

It’s like Jeff Bezos taking Elon Mush out to dinner as a “Reward” for some milestone SpaceX reached
That’s just My 2 cents.

2 Likes

If it was 100,000 Robux, I feel like it’d be too easy to get.

Someone could make like 100k Robux in like a week from commissions.

3 Likes

Why are you even arguing about the reward? Roblox isn’t just giving you merch… You got 140k and Merch… Atleast they are giving us something. They have every right do not reward us at all.

1 Like

It’s not that people are ungrateful for rewards, it’s that the threshold to be eligible for these rewards don’t even apply to a majority of devs who work tirelessly on games. Not to also mention this is completely based off the revenue the game makes opposed to place visits, rating, favorites etc. The entire thing is just super unfair because half the games that gain any popularity are either rip offs of actual titles on other platforms, or just simulators (Not that i’m saying they’re all necessarily bad). Roblox is about inspiring imagination and creativity, these ‘Swag bags’ are a direct contradiction to that.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t think any of the rewards will be accessible to any medium level Devs after seeing the first reward.
Seriously? Am pretty sure I can get a better bag and hoodie for 250$ but getting it from roblox is the important thing.
But it’s sad that VERY few of the Devs will be getting it. (That is what roblox wanted anyways).
So congrats to everyone who gets that lol.

3 Likes

I dunno about this though, 40M lifetime robux? Really? There are so many great developers out there who don’t make that kind of money but have impacted the community so much. In my opinion, this doesn’t compensate for the perks that Star Creators get. It was an attempt to make the developers feel more included and appreciated, but I don’t think it was a good one. I hope the next phases are better than this one.

Edit: By the way, 100,000 robux isn’t fair either to whoever says that, it’s really easy to make in the developer community.

3 Likes

@Messeras Yes, it is supposed to be an achievement, but it was made to make developers feel less left out since the Star Creators get so many more benefits, so the fact that it’s so hard to achieve is pretty annoying and not on par to the Star Creator benefits. 40M robux is still outrageous imo, and should be lowered at least a tiny bit. The fact that it’s about how much money you earn instead of impact, visits, and other positive things is what makes it a little bit unenjoyable for a lot of people.

Edit: I do agree that it was nice of roblox, just their attempt was a bit flawed.

3 Likes

True true; but scummy people will probably abuse this by buying likes, visits, etc. For now, imo total earnings is the best way to go.

You are right on the decreasing of the threshold; perhaps 2M total earned robux would be fair?

4 Likes

40M+ Robux… Thats a lot of Robux. Even if its lifetime.

4 Likes

I didn’t think of that, that’s very true. Maybe they could combine visits and likes with earned robux too? In the end, community impact is also a great idea. How about something like Youtube play buttons?

2 Likes

It isnt about an equal amount it is about a really cool item that only big devs will have. U cant just buy this merch it is only for big devs. It is about it being exclusive not about the stuff itself.

Extra thought: The youtube play button isnt about make 20 bucks and u can buy one it is about being one of the people who got it

My thoughts,
Supertestsubject

1 Like

as roblox said the next two swag bags will be about different things than money like player count, views and likes in all that

as i said in a different post it is like the youtube play button, u could buy a knockoff but u want the play button

2 Likes

if i get it i am wearing it constantly. roblox is actually getting a better name for itself so if someone scoffs at you teach them the glories of roblox.

2 Likes