Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

Instead of wasting your time getting 40M robux for socks, you can just get them somewhere else.

I think the range of the robux amount should be lowered. The range right now is too high for anyone to even reach.

2 Likes

it is like the youtube play button. Sure by the time u get the diamond play button u would be able to afford a knockoff that looks the same but it is about it being an exclusive reward only for the best.

2 Likes

From what is sounds like no cause that would be hecka scuffed

2 Likes

My point is merch is a stupid thing for a “prize” the developer already earned 140k.
This “Icing on the cake.” is like putting Walmart Icing on a 3-tier custom wedding cake.

The main point behind my post is that ROBLOX can do better than that, and for someone who’s made them 420k, you’d think they’d care more.

As stated is my post, If I earn 140k off ROBLOX, I’ll probably already have similar merch, if not made my own for my super successful game. (If it’s only 1 game.)

2 Likes

A: YT Play buttons start at a much lower threshold.
B: An accurate replica/knockoff SILVER play button is probably worth more than this merch.

If I wanted ROBLOX Merch I would buy it, If this Merch was custom to my game or had my Username on it or something, it would be cool, but it’s all generic-looking, it doesn’t look special at all.

Edit:
The Developer/Studio look is unique, but still doesn’t feel special. I still feel at least a Username embroidered on the hoodie would make it worth it.

2 Likes

I know it’s weird to say this but…
I would rather Roblox gave these rewards secretly instead of anouncing it like a big thing and making small scale Devs such as myself jealous.

4 Likes

This is the first thing, they will be adding more stuff that may be a bit easier to get

1 Like

100k is too low , 40M is too high
I’d say around 1-5M is fair for this. As you said before, I hope the next few are better.
(hoping this one is the top tier)
Maybe:
10-50M Total Place visits.
1M Place Favorites
1M Followers: (For YT/Streamers)
3 Games over 1M Visits

5 Likes

If this is what you get for higher tiers, lower tiers probably will be generic merch…

1 Like

I do like the idea of this… but it is going the wrong way. Instead of giving devs cheap merchandise, maybe a trophy would be better. I mean, for some cheap branded stuff, 40m robux is too much. Most of us on here don’t even make anywhere close to that amount. I feel this is going the wrong way.

2 Likes

Amazing to see how the extremely wealthy and successful developers are getting rewarded! Maybe you can help out smaller developers so they can try and be as successful in the future!

I personally disagree with this but I would agree with it if you guys could maybe open up a funding program where basically small developers can get a certain amount of robux each month until they no longer need it. This is so smaller developers can achieve their dreams of becoming a well known developer.

What do you guys think about this?

1 Like

Visits likes favorites can be from a bot

the next thing will probably be a premium payout thing idk

Roblox is already doing a tremendous favor providing Developer Exchange as is. Now they decide to be nice for a second and give out some toys and trinkets, yet some of the community still finds something to complain about. Why don’t you be a little grateful?

6 Likes

Hi!

I hope you are well. This is for a game only and does not include UGC.

Best!

8 Likes

Take that into messages please.

Wow,
Its looks so good
Good that i’m working on some games!

I have gotten a lot of ideas that I will make into games!

(just got the member badge and would like to say smth finally)

I just wanna say that this is a really interesting concept!
I could maybe, just maybe, have a game ready in time, if im lucky enough, haha. Roblox is doing a very good job, there are some people like literally complaining in the forums, just go and calm your selves down please, Roblox, is giving us an opportunity to get something from them for making these popular games and increasing their population. Roblox is grateful for all the games that people are making, and they’re doing them a favor. Be grateful too.

I personally see both point of views. I see that we should we grateful roblox is doing this for us but I also see personally as a developer It is extremely hard to achieve that goal. Its nice that they have put it in place but if they can even lower the required amount by half would show a lot.

1 Like

I see. That is true, so I really do agree that they can lower the requirements so maybe late-devs can probably meet the requirements. I definitely see why a few people are complaining about the requirements now.

1 Like

I’m late to comment but wanted to contribute my thoughts to the conversation anyway. I think the outrage over the $140,000 floor for the award is understandable, but ultimately misplaced. Here’s why:

1. Roblox has been receiving substantial blowback for favoring star creators with gifts and not giving anything to developers. I think that they really wanted to get something really nice for developers in time for the holiday season, but were naturally limited by how much supply they could get because of covid’s effect on manufacturing. They want to make sure the gift is high quality and worthwhile to devs, or else it’ll just make everyone feel worse. Lifetime Robux earned is a pretty objective way to decide who gets the merch, and I prefer it over other methods they could have used such as only sending it to insider devs.

2. The swag bag is only the first of 3 phases being pre-emptively announced in this post, and Roblox has stated that the other two categories will be for other metrics (not robux.) This is particularly exciting, because it means we might finally get real-life awards and trophies for game milestones such as visits or play time.

3. There’s no reason to believe that this will be the last swag bag, and future swag bags will likely have a lower barrier to entry.

I think this program is a great start and it deserves some praise for moving in the right direction. If everyone’s just going to complain then it’ll probably just get shut down, and I don’t think that benefits anyone.

28 Likes