Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

I don’t know why, but I’m a big fan of you, and that’s totally alot of understandable reasons for why it is misplaced, and ofc, I agree! I have been noticing some negative comments because:

I also really understand that ROBLOX wants to give something nice to developers because as I stated above the 3 recent comments before this one, Roblox is giving developers a opportunity to get something from them for making the popular games, and increasing their population, and the reason why they’re giving us this because they’re grateful for the developers and you know, its unfair that they’re giving something to the content makers, and some of those content makers, make videos on these games that developers have worked hard to put together to make it fun and enjoyable to everyone, Arsenal, Royale High, Big Paintball, Grand Piece Online, Blox Piece, Murder Mystery 2, Welcome to Bloxburg, the endless fun games for everyone to enjoy, and ROBLOX wants to give these content makers who make videos on these games, and probably only decides to make content on ROBLOX games gifts only? Of course not. ROBLOX again, is grateful for all the games people been making, and the population is rapidly growing every day, all because of the games, which makes ROBLOX so interesting, make it look fun, enjoyable, etc.

Yes, i agree with that also. I think not alot of people should be complaining for anything, because this program is NOT GONNA SHUT DOWN. THIS IS A TRUE OPPORTUNITY for all developers who worked HARD on these front-page GAMES!!! Even if people complain, this doesn’t deserve to shut down, it’s purpose is to bring these developers rewards!

That’s pretty much all I really have to say. Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Honestly for X-mas I would love some Roblox Studio Merchandise. Just asking is there any merch that is like in the photos (That is Roblox official)?

2 Likes

Yes, there will be a form you need to fill out to be able to receive it, thats how they get your address. Also sorry for super late reply

1 Like

Yeah I’m interested in this as well, I bought a Roblox hoodie about a year ago, and I just recently started looking for a studio hoodie, like that one but studio.

1 Like

40 million roux is way too much. Also, I think they should also pick out exceptional developers. For example, @Hyperant is an astonishingly good developer. Has he made 40 million robux? No. Has he made an impact? H*ck yeah. The dudes on the top of the front page constantly (he made Rise of Nations and is the developer of Military Flight Simulator, among other things.)
In short, Roblox should expand their criteria for rewards.

@ploopy157 great idea, but 1M followers for youtubers / streamers? Pretty crazy. I’d say 100,000 followers. [ most of the people who play roblox games are undeniably young kids, who don’t really use social media’s like Twitch and stuff like that. Therefore, it would be hard to accumulate followers]

I love the items. But in a real scenario, I personally would not wear these in public, but I would hang them up as a reminder that I reach a big milestone.

I might wear the jacket/cap. but everything else probably not

When should we expect to hear back about receiving one of these? :thinking:

2 Likes

If we miss the email do we lose our opportunity forever. Cause the guy who owns the group I co own a game for got the email twice and didn’t answer and forgot to tell me

Hi,

I’m sorry this happened. You will have to wait until the next wave of devs are notified. In order for this to happen, please send me a DM on devforum with your information and name of Game.

3 Likes

I said it’s an incentive - a long-term goal. I never mentioned whether all small developers are actually able of getting this; please read through a post properly before replying. Thank you.

I would like to see the milestone idea being brought to reality, and I’m assuming this is what “Developer Awards” is all about - according to the title, this is only phase 1 :wink:. If implemented properly, this could turn into something alike what other platforms such as YouTube have with their play buttons.
Interested to see how this turns out!

This isn’t an award, it’s exclusive merch given to good developers who make enough money for what they’re doing to be considered a full-time job.

1 Like

Here is my final statement about this update. The idea of developer awards is great. The contents of the Swag Bag are great but there are some issues. Forty million Robux to be eligible is very high. The main problem for me is that the big developers making the money won’t care about this swag bag when the big ones can literally make their OWN MERCH THEMSELVES FOR THEIR OWN GAME. Some of the smaller developers can’t even break $1k USD and they need a whole $14k USD for a swag bag. I am aware that there will be other awards but like I stated, big developers won’t care about them. There would be no point in even doing swag bags if the developer making that money won’t even apply for one.

These are the perks that Youtubers in the Star Program get:
~Endorsement of Roblox
~Access to UGC catalog (people can apply now, thanks Roblox)
~Free 5.5k - 26k Robux (Year of free premium, not sure which level)
~Early access to events
~A star code which pays the creator a portion of what the user buys
~And so much more

3 Likes

This is just a horrible way Roblox is repaying developers compared to the Youtubers. Why can’t y’all just give us developers perks that you give Youtubers? In fact, shouldn’t we get more perks then Youtubers because we are the backbone of the site? We make the games playable, we make games that are fun, we make games that make roblox what it is today. You guys might be providing the resources, but we are implementing on those resources, making our own systems along the way. Face it roblox, without developers, the site would be dead compared to how it is now. Youtubers rely on developers for content. All Youtubers need to do is make a video, which takes very little skill, yet developers need to write code, build, design thumbnails, make ads, etc and that takes a lot of skill. This feels demotivating, which sucks. This is just my input on this update

4 Likes

Sure we rely on each other, but then why do we get trash stuff while they get so much good stuff, and to make a video, you just need to click a button, that’s what I meant by little skill

Data is only available since 2018? So all my cashouts in 2017 don’t count? Disappointing

should we call the roblox ps5 stand as rs5?

1 Like

I think people should understand what ROBLOX is attempting to accomplish here, and this gesture is positive but I don’t think it represents the achievement the developer accomplishes all that well.

Either way, I think this is a definite step in the right direction and shows that ROBLOX wants to acknowledge its developers more and celebrate their achievements, it just needs to be executed the right way.

Regardless, it’s a step in the right direction for ROBLOX and I think it’s great that ROBLOX are willing to do this sort of thing for the people who develop on their platform. :+1:

1 Like