Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

The thing is, if you make a good game, and people enjoy it they might buy game passes, and then it gets popular and such, people will make videos on it and play more. Then once it gets really popular, the developers will earn millions because of the game passes.

I don’t think that around 20% of 140k (Idk the tax rate) USD is worth a gift bad… but it is pretty neat ngl.

I agree with you maybe roblox should, add something like that for developers.

1 Like

well true ig but like roblox is kinda doing this for free I mean this is not at all an equivalent of wht the yt stars r getting
P.S: bruh I am cringing on how many times I used “m8” like uuuugh I dont even wanna talk bout it man

1 Like

Sweet, after developing for 4 years, now we can finally get a school bag and a pair of socks!

2 Likes

but… if u are have a group game creation u will have this? and im in spain so i dont think this in spain is active…

if work for a group is aviable and u have that robux, i think it will need to the group to pay u the millions for the presents

I’d like to put my 2 cents in and say, to be fair, while the bar for this phase was pretty high, and it’s getting bashed for it, we should still keep in mind that there are 2 more “phases” to these awards, hopefully with much lower milestones to reach.

2 Likes

Wow that’s super nice but i dont think i will get 40 millions robux but i will try to make cool game :D!

4 Likes

Dang, That looks impressive, I don’t get the hate and will never get it, if your mad ROBLOX sent you real stuff for getting 4M virtual currency (without buying it) then that’s weird who would accept free stuff for doing something on the internet?

4 Likes

Wow, I hope I’ll get some of them

Excited to see the other phases, even if this one kinda flopped.

Wait what? Y’all got emails in november? According to the post, I qualify for this but I haven’t gotten any emails about it. Do you know how Roblox is choosing/chose who to send these out to?

5 Likes

They do it in waves apparently, that might be why.

2 Likes

Hello, I was just wondering if there are any updates on this Swag Bag? I received an Email confirming I was eligible 5 Months ago. 23/11/2020 to be exact (11/23/2020 for Americans).

I have yet to receive a follow up email confirming the delay? I have seen other Developer receive a second email such as Dysche.

The Application was Submitted in time and my Delivery Address is correct. I haven’t really worried about it as I am from the UK and I know it can take time to ship to my country although I still think 5 months is a bit absurd when I haven’t even received any follow up email?

Anyways, I hope someone can get back to me and let me know what’s going on, Thanks!

you are the only one who not complain or have any questionsXD just bc you already reached 40M

1 Like

We’ve received a third email yesterday, that the bag has been shipped, I also received a tracking code from DHL saying it’ll arrive tomorrow (since I hadn’t ordered anything else, I am fairly sure it’s the bag).

Not sure why you guys haven’t gotten it yet, maybe it’ll come in the second wave? I’d contact developer relations about it through email or devforums.

This email was received by a lot of others as well yesterday:

3 Likes

The second wave was for people who didn’t get the first email with the form to fill out. I received the first email and filled out the form. Just very strange that they haven’t got back to me since…

Update:
I emailed Developer Relations and they replied within an hour. I was informed that my Swag Bag has been shipped and is on it’s way via a personal email and they apologized for not putting me on the Automated email list. I am very happy with this service and hope this clears it up for anyone else experiencing the same problem as me!

2 Likes

I received mine today, so it is likely you will get yours soon. I am pretty sure it will take longer because of international shipping, and the person who submitted the form for our team didn’t receive any emails until we got the bags.

2 Likes

Awesome to hear! They did say in the email they didn’t have everyone’s email so it might’ve been that.

1 Like