Developer Awards! Phase 2: Virtual Items

I am happy to see that this is being combated. Will the side developers that were included in the rightfully reported submissions get the crowns in this wave?

3 Likes

Definitely disappointing to hear I won’t be able to receive several crowns for quite some time…

I believe a small solution could be validating that a user has editing permissions of the place / group game by checking on the group rank. Another way could be for how long the user has had that rank, showing if they did help contribute to the game.

8 Likes

Glad to see that this issue is being resolved

2 Likes

at least this change might stop trollers from making false responses to get one of the crowns so i guess that’s probably a good thing

2 Likes

I have a suggestion for a replacement. In order to be eligible for rewards the member would have to be a member of the developer forum for an certain time period (preferably several months) and also if part of a group you would have to be a member of the group for a certain amount of time (months probably).

1 Like

Finally, something has been done to prevent people from getting the Crown of O’s illegitimately.

2 Likes

The DevForum isn’t used as a metric of if you’re a dev or not because of how open it is

Developers already do that and also it would kill eligibility for a lot of newer games that popped out within days of reaching the milestones.

4 Likes

I am well aware of this, but some kind of dated schedule would still be nice. If a wave is indeed coming up though, can’t complain for now

1 Like

The MAU requirement for this should never have been as low as 100. It was bound to invite a crazy amount of work onto devrel to verify people and meant pretty much everyone thought they would qualify. The easiest way to fix the program in future is to raise the threshold of the Gold Crown.

10 Likes

I also haven’t received any crowns, and if this method was applied, I will never receive any, since I’m a GFX designer and artist, I ussually do not have editing perms on the experiences I’ve contributed to, so no, not a good idea to check this way.

Sad to hear we won’t receive any in the near future.

3 Likes

The requirements to become a member in the Dev Forums don’t require you to have developed a game or have helped contribute to a game from a development standpoint. So this wouldn’t really be a good metric to determine if someone has “contributed” to the development of a game.

Also could possibly see an issue if a game blows up quickly (somehow) and the developer want to give the Crown of O’s to the side-developers and contributes but they haven’t been in the group for an certain amount of time

Sucks that this had to happen since side-developers and contributes can’t get the Crown of O’s (temporary) although I understand and accept the reasoning behind it all.

2 Likes

What if the developer has a system where their side-developers/contributes don’t have editing access to the place (the side-developer/contribute gives the things and the (main) developer adds it into the main game)? Could possibly see an issue with that.

4 Likes

Or their field of profession isn’t on Studio itself. Certain development fields like GFX and music composing aren’t done in Studio and users often don’t have edit access to the places they work on.

2 Likes

True, the group I develop for has several developers under a rank that doesn’t have access to the game.

Maybe having a “game contributor” role in the group could help instead, or something that shows that a user has helped with a group game in some form.

There are a few possible solutions, but it is still difficult to group in 3rd party developers since they don’t solely work in studio

1 Like

Visits are not the same as MAU. You need 100 MAU, not visits. In order to be eligible for the Golden Crown of O’s you need 100 unique players to join your game over the course of a month.

3 Likes

I even tried to Download Monthly Experience Stats Data but I can’t access to it at this point.

1 Like

And with that said prediction it is a time to say goodbye to developer crowns

You need to have a certain amount of MAU to be able to download it, somewhere from 1-5k. Not entirely sure because it’s never been documented, but it also takes 1-2 months until the data becomes available for your selected month.

But usually most normal players would never actually spend time in the developer forums.

Will people who have waited almost 3 months for their crowns receive it then (I’ve waited 2 months and 21 days now and the owner of the game I helped work on had it for that period of time)?

I honestly don’t think this is going to stop anything as groups to get people the crowns still exist, nothings stopping people getting the Crowns for using the starter place and gaining a certain amount of MAU.

4 Likes