Developer Awards! Phase 2: Virtual Items

Usually isn’t good enough. Still don’t think being in the Developer Forums should be accounted when someone is trying to give the crown of O’s to a side-developer/contributor. And what if the specific side-developer/contributor. rarely look at the Dev Forums (And aren’t a "member)?
Also the specific user having to be a “member” in the Developer Forums for possibly months seems like a while. Could stop newer developers from getting the Crown of O’s. Still believe there are better ways of deciding if someone is “eligible” for the Crown of O’s

1 Like

This is sad that they needed to do this because NON-DEVS wanted something meant to reward devs for their hard work. Here are some potential solutions:

• They need to be at least a member of the devfourm
  • x amount of time in studio

This approach is very flawed. There are a LOT of groups out there whose owners do legitimately nothing and reap the rewards of the crowns from having all their subordinates doing all the work. Its better to have the dishonest submissions then kill it entirely, because I can say first hand that this is going to cause a massive lack of motivation.

3 Likes

Very disappointing seeing that they made it give the award only to the owner of the game. I understand as to why this happened but at the end of the day its a virtual crown. I understand that it is an award but rather then giving out some ones that weren’t supposed to be given, they are instead taking the ones away from those who deserve the crowns. Makes sense overall just a bit sad I guess. Also, I sent an email to devawards@roblox.com after waiting 3 months for my crown. It has been two weeks without a response, should I wait longer or is ROBLOX support taking longer then it should?

5 Likes

Very disappointing to hear, but it is good to know it was meant to counter the dishonest responses and practices spreading. In true honesty, people shouldn’t be hating ROBLOX and Developer Relations for doing this and should be pointing the blame on those who did the wrong. ROBLOX is doing something to make the award even and fair. Seeing the hate ROBLOX Developer Relations is unbelievable and wrong, it’s not their fault!

In my opinion, this was a sad decision to make, but a good turn in the right direction. It was a sacrifice and no one except the people who was dishonest should be blamed. I highly respect ROBLOX for making this hard decision and I hope to see everyone who EARNED the crown gets it.

My only question is, will the crowns be removed from those who had been dishonest or faked everything? If so, how?

This is long overdue. I am quite tired of people constantly begging for me to give them “a free developer crown”.

It would be nice if you would also take action against star creators/other youtubers that are doing “crown givaways” where they promote experiences constantly until their developers get a certain crown.

12 Likes

Thanks for looking forward into this situation!

2 Likes

I HEVALY AGREE ON THIS, I’ve seen so many of them do this, Roblox hasn’t at all been taking action to them earthier because their bias or haven’t caught wind ( Which I doubt )

They should be punished for promoting this type of stuff.

7 Likes

Truest thing ever! People like ‘HelloItsVG’, ‘SharkBLOX’, ‘NubNoMinion’, and ‘Demon Clan’ should be punished heavily by ROBLOX. Promoting schemes like this is highly irresponsible and wrong. Coming from a Star Creator who is endorsed by ROBLOX, they should know better. ROBLOX should pin the Star Creators and not just the players in this mess.

8 Likes

roblox does it in 3 month periods, try wait a few days since that period is ending

Hey there, Thanks for the awards! but I wish that if you own a group and the game in the group that you own has a good amount of MAU you can still obtain the Crown Of O’s As many developers use groups to develop their game so they can give payouts Etc. I would highly recommend you give the Developer awards even though ur group game has got the MAU. ( If your reading this stay safe and be happy may god bless )

Thanks
Mainly

4 Likes

I agree with this to, theirs also people like TheNoobie and a lot other youtubers are supporting this

Yea its wrong for players to do this, But Youtubers? That’s even worse especially because a lot of people look up to them and follow them!

3 Likes

Exactly! Especially those whom following is directed towards kids, misleading them to do wrong things and making them face consequences. Making it worse is that ROBLOX is endorsing and benefiting them. They need to fix what they are directing their community to do!

5 Likes

@Amanuel001 @StarJ3M @TESLAC0IL Yea, Star creators are supposed to be role models to the Roblox community and should show that if you make a good game you will get the crowns AND NOT go into a YouTubers discord server ask for help on getting a crown and get it without actually developing anything.

4 Likes

I understand the reason it was restricted to only the owner of the game, but i wish instead of doing that for all the crowns you only did that with the golden crown as that’s the one that 95% of people are writing surveys for, and still continue to give bombtastic+ crowns away via survey. at least this stops many of the people submitting dishonest surveys about a golden crown and it becomes easier to narrow down the dishonest and honest wavers.

2 Likes

That still isn’t going to help, i’ve seen a lot of giveaway surveys for bombastic, adurite, sparkletime and (very select few) black iron crowns.

1 Like

If lets say 100k results were submitted and 70k of them were golden crown submissions, then narrowing it down to 30k and manually going through 30k will be much easier than going through all 100k. It still helps nonetheless. then most of the dishonest surveys are removed and they only have a smaller fraction to go through. I’m not saying that it’s going to solve anything because it won’t but it will atleast make it 100x easier for roblox and they can still keep their word about giving the crown to developers that earned them.

2 Likes

But the problem is you can’t “make it easier”, 30 thousand surveys is still impossible for an all-human team to review. The reality is they can’t - and won’t - process any survey below black-iron by hand.

So I got 136 place visits on one of my games foes that count as MAU?

1 Like

I’ve gotten almost 200k visits collectively on my games in my group and I still haven’t gotten a single crown lol (one of my games literally had 76K MAU also)

1 Like