Developer Awards program should be brought back, silent halt of program disrespects the community

Hopefully this time the Crown Of O’s stay up. Would love to get the Adurite one eventually! >:P

That’s amazing news. I would like to ask if contributing to games as well as past achievements will award me the crown? I contributed to a game that recently reached 3m total visits and over 1m mau.

Here’s my older games performance from over a year ago when the crowns were first released.

Role: Map builder (game was moved to a different group)

Role: Main developer

(old pictures)

I haven’t received the Sparkletime crown for any of these, and I don’t know why. I emailed the Devrel support, however they were unable to help me with my problem when the crowns were first released.

My most recent contributions are on these games:

Role: Character Modeler

Role: Accessory Modeler & map fixes

I hope contributing to these games is more enough to reward me both Sparkletime Crown of O’s and Black Iron Crown of O’s.

The way awarding crowns worked in the past few years is very confusing, and disappointing, as some people received crowns without doing any effort whatsoever, meanwhile devs who worked, didn’t get their deserved crown, so hopefully this time they will be awarded accordingly!

Lovely To Hear That , I Cant Wait For My Sparkletime Crown :slight_smile:

Please keep in mind that Visits != MAU. MAU is (Unique) Monthly Active Users, while Visits is incremented whenever a player joins the game, even if they already joined it that day. MAU is always going to be lower than visits. The graph for MAU can be located in Analytics → Engagement → Monthly Active Users.
(Screenshot below showing where it is. (The MAU is the rightmost graph)

Does this also include crowns that I shouldve earned last year?

Any estimate on when it’ll be rolled out?

4 Likes

That’s only going to show a portion of total MAU. Go to the Audience tab to see total count of MAU up to current date.

Does not show total amount of MAU gained.

Whereas this does.

Hovering over a point on the graph will show you the exact value at that time, allowing you to determine your MAU for any given day. Your method only allows you to see your MAU for the day that you check it.

1 Like

No? The method I used as in audience tab shows total MAU as of current date. There must’ve been some confusion.

Might not be—even if it’s from the @roblox.com domain, sometimes emails can be hacked.

Has been confirmed by @BoyMamaG to be legitimate. From my knowledge email domains can’t be faked as well.

Ok. Though email accounts with legitimate domains can be hacked.*

*read email spoofing

1 Like

Has anyone the idea of when the crowns are coming back approximately cuz this message was sent almost a month ago, any new updates from behind the scenes? Cuz I’m kinda hyped to get my golden crown of o

1 Like

UPDATE : After speaking with @BoyMamaG in-person at RDC, they’ve confirmed that:

• The program is fully back
  • A backlog is being gone through for the awards. I.e. if you met criteria while the program was halted, you’ll still get your reward, as you’re in a backlog. Everything’s been recorded!

I’ve marked her response as a solution and am considering this thread resolved. Thanks to everyone involved that has worked to fix this problem! It’s genuinely refreshing to see problems like this get fully actioned on and fixed. :pray:

I am also talking to folks on devrel about steps to have proper transparency & communication about the status of various programs and changes with them. Nothing noteworthy right now but I’m pursuing getting that improved!

14 Likes

Do you have any information regarding why emails sent to devawards were never responded to? Is this email considered dead now? If so, why is ROBLOX’s support still referring us to this email address.

3 Likes

If the program is fully back, who has gotten the crown recently? Or do they still need to start rolling the crown out?

1 Like

They started with the goodie bag a few weeks back, I think we need to give them some time to get the entire process rolling again. I also think that normally they check the crowns monthly (start of the month, like with the verified marks) and the tilted trophies quarterly.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.