Developer Exchange is Moving to the Creator Dashboard!

The point was to send a general message across, not to be pedantic. I believe the message was conveyed appropriately.

2 Likes

It’s not about being pedantic, your comparison is entirely wrong.

Roblox is not a store, it’s a whole platform.

https://create.roblox.com/docs/production/monetization/economics

15 Likes

This should clearly say “Currently pending” instead of the robux amount and “A request is currently ongoing” instead of “You are not eligible” while cashing out. The text on the top saying it’s pending is not visible enough.

8 Likes

I’ve removed the comparison since it bothers you that much. The main message is still there.

4 Likes

DevEx done? When announcement moves to Creator Dashboard?

2 Likes

Will there be a feature in the future where we can see our total Devexable robux count?
It would help a lot and save us devs big time.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Since DevEx has at least a partially manual review process, I believe they do not show how much of your Robux is “eligible” because there is no guarantee that any of it is for certain until they review your request. While I can imagine they do keep track of how much “Earned Robux” you have, I can also imagine that there is no guarantee that all of your “Earned Robux” is eligible for DevEx until your request is reviewed and the nature in which you got the Robux is verified. So, it would be misleading to display the amount of earned Robux when there could still be other reasons that your Robux is ineligible.

3 Likes

Now, I’m in no way an expert here. Just wanted to share something I saw a while ago, where (presumably) Adopt Me made about 22B robux in 2021 (77M USD thru DevEx).

What I’m thinking is, that the exchange rates are fair, and you can definitely make quite a bit of money if you can get it up on the front page.

Bottom line: More work = more reward

8 Likes

Will there come a bit more transparency to reasons for DevEx denials in result of this page refresh? A lot of my friends spend majority of their time with DevEx getting denied request without information as to why.

2 Likes

I love this update and think it’s amazing that you’re creating a centralized point where everything can be accessed. Thank you ROBLOX once again for innovating the platform.

2 Likes

Finally being able to devex from mobile without changing your browser to desktop view. Great!

4 Likes

It might not.
If Roblox makes the DevEx rate higher but then also made Robux more expensive to buy, or the tax higher, or something that fits capitalism then the final results won’t really change that much.
Still should hope for the better!

2 Likes

This… Especially with inflation, it would be good for rates to keep up with inflation at least. But I guess that’s dependent on Roblox increasing the price of everything else.

2 Likes

Whether you like or not, reading dark text on a white background is easier than reading light text on a dark background.

It’s not an issue when you have to read a few words, but it definitely is when you read a lot of text (cough documentation cough).

So yes, as long as the new creator website doesn’t have light mode support, it’s inferior to the legacy creator pages.

4 Likes

It is also misleading to show your total Robux instead as it gives you false-hope that you could be able to DevEx soon.

3 Likes

This fails to take into account premium payouts, which is starting to become a significant part of the equation (IIRC it’s like ~20% of total DevEx payouts to devs currently).

3 Likes

just tossing my donut in here too, “platform development” is definitely underfunded if we only get garbage updates that keep bricking peoples’ connections, lul

1 Like

This is a frontend web change. This has nothing to do with how devex works behind the scenes, so no it’s not more appropriate to review the devex rate, Roblox contains more than one team, and the people who worked on this are completely divorced from the people who work on the program.

Not to mention devex is already pretty damn good. All of my revenue comes from premium payouts; it’s pure passive income, like a bonus cheque at work every 2 months.

4 Likes

I guess this change makes mobile compaitibility easier and could offer the website in a different style, what i mostly care about tho is the devex rate which i’m not going to complain about yet.

1 Like

This is a great change!

If we compare this with the old interface on the roblox.com website, we can see how great this new developer exchange page is.

Thanks for the constant UI updates!

2 Likes