Developer Exchange Program Minimum Requirements Changes

What’s wrong with allowing devex at lower robux requirements?

10 Likes

Since this update, it makes the devex rates seem worse, you can cash out £85 from 30k robux, but can’t even get 10k robux back…

Currently, 1 Robux would be around $0.0035, which is very little

7 Likes

1 Robux would be around $0.0035

4 Likes

The DevEx rates did not change.

:slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

I love seeing the limits lowered for newer creators, but I would much rather see an increase in the already rather low rates.

6 Likes

I just hope this doesn’t increase processing times since there will be even more people cashing out now

11 Likes

I didn’t say it changed? haha
I was just saying it was quite low for the amount devs do :person_shrugging: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is definitely an amazing step in the direction to help out smaller developers. I hope Roblox Keeps making good changes like this.

10/10

3 Likes

Big issue is that DevEx requests are manually reviewed, meaning it would clog the requests causing an unnecessary wait time. Main worry is that if requests take too long to be approved, there’s a chance that developers who rely on DevEx as a main source of income could get screwed over (not being able to pay rent, bills, etc.)

20 Likes

I 100% agree. Can the rates at least be 40% like cmon

3 Likes

The SLA is 5 days. Roblox would not make a change to lower the devex limit even further if they weren’t sure they could uphold a reasonable processing time. This is such an absolute non-thing to be worried about as a user.

5 Likes

This change is appreciated but I hope that at some point soon DevEx will be added as that would greatly help the growth of the platform

2 Likes

50k = 175 dollars
/5

10k = 35 dollars

30k = 105 dollars

3 Likes

Good luck to everyone who has to do taxes for $105 of income.

5 Likes

$0.0035 x R$30,000 = $105.

So yeah, you’d usually calculate that first amount by how much ROBUX you’re wanting to cash out.

2 Likes

I’m going to make a short and simple reason for why they cannot do that without losing out on lots of money: The economy.

4 Likes

Or just use your parents’ tax forms if you still live with them.

2 Likes

This is obviously going to benefit up-and-coming developers on Roblox which is a good change.

However, this raises an important concern regarding the review process for DevEx requests. With a larger number of developers now being able to request to DevEx, it may result in a backlog of submissions, causing significant delays in the review process, which has been recently a problem for myself and other Developers that I know with over weeks of waiting which has never happened before.

This can also have a negative impact on developers who rely on Roblox as a source of income. Hopefully the review process remains efficient and prompt.

Hopefully we can get an answer on this.

3 Likes

Now roblox has an even bigger excuse to not increase the rates. They can’t support increasing the rates when they keep lowering the minimum requirement.

4 Likes

Funny thing is how Roblox gets way more money then we do via Robux purchases and they take tax off gamepass sales. How does the economy affect anything? The current way that they are doing it, should mean that they have enough to increase the DevEx a bit (unless bad fiance management is in play here).

3 Likes