Developer Exchange Program Requirements Changes

Developers,

The Developer Exchange Program (DevEx) allows you to redeem Robux you’ve earned on Roblox. Today, we are making changes to DevEx requirements to help make it easier for more developers to participate:

• Submission request minimum lowered to 50,000 Robux from 100,000 Robux. If you have earned this minimum of 50,000 Robux in your account, you will now have the option to Cash Out.

• Roblox Premium Membership is no longer required for submissions. While there are many benefits to being a Premium member, anyone that has earned the minimum Robux amount can now initiate a Cash Out request.

Please visit the Developer Exchange Help Page for more information about DevEx.

Thank you,
Developer Relations

895 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Great to see more changes happening to the Developer Exchange Program!

I am really hoping to see the minimum requirement lower more and more over time, allowing more developers to DevEx opposed to not meeting the minimum threshold requirements.

It is also fantastic to see that the Premium Membership requirement is not needed at this point anymore, this is a massive change for developers. In fact, I was quite worried that I would not be able to do another DevEx as my premium was about to expire, so it is nice to know I do not need to purchase in order to do an exchange.

My only concern right now is the random false positives for DevEx cash outs, at least, for me. For example, just recently, mine was rejected for a very obscure reason. It would be nice if we received more information as to why without the need to email Roblox. I find it odd how doing a bigger DevEx cash out fixed the rejection.

91 Likes

Good and bad idea honestly, as more DevEx requests will be submitted, making it take longer for others. A good update would be to see the rates increased, as they are currently way too low.

Removing the need of premium is good, but it only makes premium even more useless.

111 Likes

WOOO! Thank you so much!!! Now just lift the rate up and we’re all great!

This will truly help for me, as a small developer, to grow!

47 Likes

Will the Devex team be increased in size to compensate for the increased volume?

81 Likes

This is great. I finally don’t have to buy premium every other month

25 Likes

This is a very good step towards more developers being able to devex their robux. My biggest concern is this will cause even more delays for people who already wait up to 2 weeks for devexing. It can take up to a month for first-time devexers to get their payment.

Will the speed remain about the same despite this change, or will we see more delays?
People sure do like asking for an increase in devex rates when this has been the same rate since 2017.

25 Likes

The fact you don’t need premium to cash out though is a nice feature, although kinda surprised as that seemed to be a way to prevent sock-puppeting & what have you. Feel like the only benefit left to Premium [if you’re someone who already earns a lot of Robux] is the ability to trade & that’s it. Crazy to think how far we’ve come from Builder’s Club being such a necessary thing to developers & now Premium is nearly entirely useless.

92 Likes

sad that I didn’t see payouts increased.

but this is a great change letting non premium users use devex

26 Likes

Good change but rates increase wen

25 Likes

Absolutely amazing, though you have not changed the exchange rate. This is a still a huge improvement!

17 Likes

Great change! Glad that premium is not required anymore.

13 Likes

This is a great addition, but how much would 50,000 R$ be in USD? Around 150+'ish?

14 Likes

With this new change, wouldn’t it take even longer for DevEx submissions to be reviewed(since more people will be able to DevEx)? Also, this kinda makes premium more useless, as a lot of developers only purchase premium to be able to DevEx.

13 Likes

robloxs first W in a long time

19 Likes

If you look at the DevEx page, it’s $175.

11 Likes

You can check the DevEx tab, it already updated it’s $175.

12 Likes

This is amazing
now increase the devex rates
I need to feed my children

29 Likes

While it may seem useless to developers now, I can assure you that it is very useful for the average ROBLOX player.

14 Likes