Developer Exchange Program Requirements Changes

Absolutely amazing change, This will help tons of smaller developers who can’t make 100k easily.

12 Likes

I feel so bad :cry:! I had enough Robux to cash out, but I spent some! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

13 Likes

Several new team members who are devexing for the first time have been complaining that the process to get approved is taking months and that response times are horrible. Are there any plans to grow the devex team to support this expanding of eligibility?

70 Likes

Let’s go!
Honestly, this is a great change for us developers! Glad that it’s easier for me to cash out my Robux even if I am not a premium member!

10 Likes

I remember hearing about this during RDC and was SOOOO excited!! I hope the slow response times will be fixed due to the influx of new users.

But other than that, woot woot!

13 Likes

This seems like a good change. Hopefully this doesn’t delay the time it takes to receive payments though :slight_smile:. Exchange rate increase next? :eyes:

9 Likes

Developer Relations, thank you. I don’t believe it gets said often enough, but we all admire what you guys do for the community, so keep up the good job!

19 Likes

This is amazing! I can finally dev ex without the need of paying for unnecessary roblox premium. This will benefit a ton of smaller developers aswell, glad to hear that these changes are being made!

10 Likes

(post deleted by author)

10 Likes

yay now I don’t need premium! Great change though it might affect Roblox. As it will increase the queue

8 Likes

That’s a very bold claim, which NONE of us know is true or not at least I think so.

7 Likes

nice that 5 dollars doesn’t seem like a lot, but that’s a day or two of food in my country.

More exchange rate please!

9 Likes

We are continuously working hard to reduce the time to process DevEx requests!

It will still take approximately 2 weeks for some requests to be reviewed and processed. Also note that first time DevEx participants may experience a longer wait time.

27 Likes

A dream come true.

All we’re waiting for now is a rate increase :slight_smile:

20 Likes

You should higher the rates too. I don’t see the good point in removing premium, as it becomes even more useless!

13 Likes

I hope to see the rates increased, knowing how much of a cut Roblox is currently taking when you do the math. This is a step in the right direction though!

9 Likes

I think it’s a great new addition to welcome newer developers to the platform without having a restriction to reach as much as a 100k or feeling forced to purchase premium to then take out what youve made on the platform, not everybody starts out big, not even my self. so despite there’s going to be more submissions to potentially slow down the payouts, im quite sure they still prioritize dependant on the amount you have, I know people who devex quite large sums and get theirs within a week, meanwhile if you sumbit a smaller amount, even just 200k it could take up to a month.

11 Likes

Lowering the barrier to entry was all I really wanted, so it’s nice to see that change finally come about.

8 Likes

Does the review take longer depending on how much you are devexing?

8 Likes

Much appreciated! I’m looking forward to the rate slowly going down throughout the future.

7 Likes