Developer forum doesn't load correctly on android 12

Hello developers so I have recently upgraded my phone from android 11 - android 12 and I have the developer forum app installed.

What I have seen is some of the menu’s are not positioned correctly, some texts are not positioned centred to the screen, the font of text is different

This has started when upgrading from miui 13 android 12 and has the developer forum app installed.

• Screenshots and videos of the bug; here are pictures everything just doesn’t feel right.

Weird icons
IMG_20220402_212947

• I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app

Everything is just very weird on mobile right now and when I go onto chrome everything is just “normal” in sense

3 Likes

Theres a DevForum app on Google play? I didn’t know

No there isn’t however you can install it when the dev forum gives you a notification or on chrome add to homepage. Most websites will create a shortcut but the developer forums genuinely installs an app really weird and not really a known feature.

It’s not an app, the same does for fcbarcelona.com just a bookmark on homepage that opens the site but not the browser

1 Like

I would like to say that my phone registers this as an “app” inside settings it’s marked as devforum and my anti virus scans as if it was an app. Most websites (same method to add as a bookmark) you won’t trigger the anti virus and your phone doesn’t recognise it as an app because it’s a bookmark. But while on the other hand developer forum is slightly different.

Here are some examples

As you can see developer forum is found and is installed as an app but if I tried to search for a bookmark it isn’t registered as an app

Plus, I don’t see anything weird with the icons? A bit small but what?

1 : you’re on iPhone

2 : don’t have the developer forum app installed.

Yes look

Then stated above this is an issue on android 12 not ios you are on the wrong operating system.

1 Like

But on the shots you sent I don’t see anything wierd

Useally the title is in Bold. And the posts are centred but this has changed and some menus genuinely look not positioned correctly upgrading to android 12. Not sure if this is a website bug but weird to have this issue just upgrading my android.

I think it’s just bc android 12 contains lighter text and android 11 used bolder text?

Nope, you got the app just like me

Roblox Devforum is actually run by a third-party service. I don’t believe Roblox can do anything about this problem.

It’s a bug in general, texts and icons are poorly structured. It happens regardless of the device, screen resolution, browser that is (Chrome, Firefox, Android, iOS, 1920x1080, 1366x768, etc), as is reported in this post:

1 Like

You happened to upgrade while they were upgrading the light theme, there is nothing wrong with your android version, just the DevForum itself.

Can you explain what you mean by ‘weird’, if this is actually a bug, saying that something ‘weird’ is occurring does not help engineers.

1 Like

I just want to clarify that the Roblix Developer Forum operates on an open-source Forum software known as Discourse.
Maybe this information will help you :man_shrugging:

woa that me

Just tried on my tablet android os 12, same issue

Change to Roblox dark theme then make your text “normal” on interface setting?

Text scaling doesn’t work.
Char limit