Developer Forum Groups Glossary

Hey Developers,

If you are active on the Developer Forum, or even just log on to read a few posts here and there, you might have noticed groups next to different developer’s names:

45%20PM
newstorm
aotrou

Each of these groups represent different attributions and roles within the community. We have put together a glossary of Developer Forum groups that you might see on the forum; be sure to reference the glossary whenever you see a new group that you’re not familiar with. You can see a full list of Groups here: DevForum | Roblox

There are five specific groups that we wanted to call attention to: Roblox_Staff, Roblox_Intern, Community_Sage, Post_Approval and Community_Champion.

The Roblox Staff group is self-explanatory: Roblox Staff indicates that a developer posting in the forum works for Roblox. You will see a lot of posts coming from Roblox Staff that cover features, updates, and changes. Staff also use the developer forum as a way to gather feedback for other potential features.

Similarly, you might see a Roblox Intern tag on a few developers’ profiles: these indicate a developer that is currently working at Roblox as an intern.

The Community Sage tag indicates a forum member that closely works together with Developer Relations to keep the forum running smoothly, that is responsible for leading and maintaining the post approval procedure for New Members to submit bug reports and feature requests, and are able to provide developers with assistance and advice on Developer Forum posts. Please note, a couple of the Community Champions are also Community Sages, but they are not the same program.

The Post_Approval group contains members of the Community Post Approval program. These members review bug reports and feature requests sent in by New Members through the post approval procedure, and from time to time they also advise the Community Sages with feedback on the forum.

The Community Champion group indicates a member of the Community Champions program. The Champions are distinguished members of the developer community who are some of the experienced developers in their respective disciplines, who embody the Roblox culture, and who are Champions of the Roblox developer community in more ways than just game development. These developers are great examples of what you can do with your skills as a Roblox developer, and are great places to start when learning about Roblox development, or if you have questions. The Champions have a direct line of communication with internal Roblox teams and have early-adopter access as they are NDA-bound.

There are many other groups on the Developer Forum that will indicate roles such as builders, programmers, and more. Be sure to check back here if you find any groups that you haven’t seen before!

Groups:

Public Groups: (these groups can be joined by anyone and give developers an opportunity to indicate their skillsets)

• The Animator group is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as an animator.

• The Artist group is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as an artist.

• The Builders group is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as a builder.

• The Clothing_Designers is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as a Roblox clothing designer.

• The Composers is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as a music composer.

• The Modelers is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as a 3D modeller.

• The Programmers is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as a programmer.

• The Translators is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as an international translator.

• The UI_Designers is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as a UI designer.

• The Web_Developer is a public group available to users of the forum for any to join. Users may join this group to signify that their primary skill or occupation is as a web developer.

Private Groups: (these groups can only be assigned by certain privilege sets)

• The DevEngagementTeam is a private group for staff members collaborating as members of the Developer Engagement Team (DET). The Developer Engagement Team manages and guides the Roblox Developer Forum and related programs. Please directly message this group if you have any questions or concerns.

• The DevRelationsTeam is a private group for staff members working as a member of the Developer Relations Team.

• The Community_Sage group is where you can send questions to the Community Sages about the forum. If you want to file a post approval request, please use the Post_Approval group instead.

• The Post_Approval group is where you can send requests as a New Member to have your posts reviewed for categories that you cannot post in yourself.

• The Top_Contributor group gives people the “Top Contributor” title and avatar flair. Every few months, this title is given to Members that have a combination of all of these: high post to likes received ratios, high topics read/entered counts, a good forum standing in terms of moderation, and consistent forum activity.

• The Featured_Developer is a private group granted to current or past developers who have been apart of the Featuring Program. (Users in this group have had their game reviewed and featured by the Featuring program team)

• The Featuring_Program group is a private group for Roblox staff who are managing the Featuring program managed by the Developer Engagement Team. Please directly message this group if you have any questions about the Featured Games Program.

• The Accelerator_Program and Incubator_Program groups are private groups assigned to current employed interns apart of respectively the Accelerator Program and the Incubator Program managed by the Developer Relations Team.

• The Exploit_Reports group is a private group containing Roblox engineers that handle exploits sent in by the community. If you find an exploitable bug, please send it to this group (please review the description of the group before sending them a message).

If you have any questions or concerns about any of these groups, please feel free to reach out to the Developer Relations Team.

Best,
The Developer Relations Team

63 Likes

I think it would be great to also hear about how individual developers got to be apart of private groups, such as Roblox Champions or Top Contributors. This could certainly inspire developers to work towards attaining membership in those groups, and in turn benefit us as a community. :+1:

21 Likes

Thank you for posting this I was actually curious about this as I saw other members with it and I thought is was auto assigned I had assumed I had one too

4 Likes

Always wondered how I could get those title tags. Now I know. Thanks.

I was wondering when an official announcement about these groups was going to be made, if at all, as they been around for a while. It’s interesting to see what people pick as their primary group to display next to their name. Perhaps its something they excel in, or perhaps its their most proudest title achieved. Either way, its good to have you as a part of this amazing community!

I noticed the OP left out Roblox_Intern and Former_Intern as well as the moderators group, but those are self explanatory though :smile:

1 Like

Could we possibly have a ‘Well rounded’ or ‘Somewhat general developer’ group? I’m sure some of us have done or specialized in a few of these groups and wouldn’t want to be limited to one group.
:smiley:

You can join an unlimited number of groups

I believe he means limited to one title, not group.

In that case, I don’t think we’d want to have a well-rounded title. A lot of developers have “done” these groups as mentioned above, so the title would be used often and we wouldn’t be able to tell what someone was proficient in anymore. You should just pick whichever you do most or are best at.

2 Likes

It was a joke.
=]

Although the rest is correct, I believe this part needs adjusted to fit in with the new style of membership joining

If I’m not mistaken, they still choose who will become a full member or not.

This is true. Members are not automated.

3 Likes

Animators are extinct species ? :sob: :sob:

That’s not what the problem is. I stated that the rest is correct but the highlighted phrase is not

Fixed both issues @LuckyTux @kenami

4 Likes

This list isn’t up-to-date so unlisting