Developer Modules: Updates & New Modules!

I feel like these are easily creatable with code, no offense to anyone of course I know it will help out newer developers who don’t know how to code very well this is just my opinion. I just thought for a second when I seen this we were getting an actual module instance update which I was curious about considering they were already pretty huge.

6 Likes

Amazing! I will be using these, mainly the social interactions one!

4 Likes

Is the scavenger hunt’s progress persistent across all experiences? I haven’t checked it but I doubt it is. I would love it if it was persistent across games, similar to the old points system roblox had (if you even remember) which was abused by many developers because it had no restrictions to how much points a game could give.

3 Likes

I have no clue what this is, but YEAH!!! Great update!!! Hope this positively impacts a lot of people.

2 Likes

You could think of it as a module made by Roblox. Not an update really, but this will have a positive impact on some.

3 Likes

You can set useBodyOrientation to false if you want to disable the camera tracking feature. See the API reference on the social interactions page for more details.

4 Likes

Hey @CaelanHyperionRBLX, you can find guides on how to use each of these on this developer modules page :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @WingyDangDang. The Scavenger Hunt saves its progress to a DataStore which does not have a way to communicate between separate experiences. This means that the Scavenger Hunt’s progress is local to each experience that uses it.

3 Likes

Just letting you guys know, the module checklist on the forms site has not been updated. Hopefully you update it soon so that I can submit a new form :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Surface Art seems to break with streaming enabled on. Big flaw if you ask me…

1 Like

So how do I use this in say a blank baseplate with no costum scripts, how do I acces it? Is it a service, would I use something like game:GetService("DevModules")?

1 Like

Hi @mekboy21 thank you for your interest in the Surface Art dev module! We’ll look into this and patch it in an update!

5 Likes

Interesting features, love to see more simple stuff like this easily accessible to newer developers. After trying out the bodyorientation part of Social Interactions I’ve noticed, does this not work with r6? Just orients my head backwards.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! This module was created with R15 in mind, but we might look into supporting R6 in a future update!

5 Likes

Did you check the links? There are instuctions for inserting each of these into studio:
for example:
this link:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/resources/developer-modules/surface-art

2 Likes

Is there any chance that these modules and any future developer modules that are made will have github repos included for those of us that use third party software like Rojo to manage code for our games?

2 Likes

They are free models provided by Roblox. Press the hyperlinks.

2 Likes

These are pretty cool features and save me from a lot of Ui design! Thanks as always for working so hard Roblox!

1 Like

EPIC, this is getting added on some of my games

1 Like

This is just a modernization of the old Roblox Sets that had capture the flag and stuff, minus the roblox badges that you can’t get anymore.

Pretty cool!

2 Likes